Second Iowa Buck with a bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by dannybcc, Dec 4, 2006.

1. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hi everyone,
    This is my second year bow hunting for deer. Last year I didnt get one. This year I was lucky enough to get two. You can see the first from my earlier post.
    The first I got from a tree stand that was givin to me. It has been to cold to sit in a tree so the second came from my Double Bull ground blind. Once again I was using my Hoyt Trycon with 100gr. Rocky Mountain Turbo's. A friend and I went partners on a Cuddeback trail cam and it has proven very helpfull.
    There have been two bucks from trailcam pics I was hoping to get a shot at. I did pass on a 6 point and a smaller 8 point hoping to get a shot at one of them. The first was the biggest buck I have ever seen in my life. I found out how he got that way to. When he finally did give me the opportunity to draw on him the only thing he could of heard was my arrow sliding back thru the whisker bisket and he was gone like a shot. God bless him.
    The second was this 8 point with large brow tines. He came in just before sunset. At first I didnt think it was him. My heart stopped when he turned and I seen them brow tines at 15 yards out. I didnt notice until after he was down but he was blind in the eye facing my blind. Probably from an earlier fight. I also didnt notice until after I was cleaning his heart but please note my shot. I will also include a trailcam pic from 2 days before I got him. Thanks for letting me tell my stories.
    Danny J
    manawar1.jpg

manawar7.jpg

manawar11.jpg

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That's a fine deer anywhere in the country, and a well placed shot.

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congarats on a very nice buck,that was a nice shot.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You're having a great year, congrats! :smile2:

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good job on a nice buck. Gotta love it.

6. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    That is one nice buck, along with an excellent shot. Way to go.

7. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Danny, congragulations on your second buck this year. It is cool that you have a pic of him on your trailcam as well. I have several bucks on my camera that I would love to see but they keep to themselves:sad2: . Perhaps next year one will show themselves. Again congrats on your very nice 8 pt.

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice buck and a great shot I might add.

9. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    congrats on the nice buck,gotta love those bow kills.....

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Danny,

that was a fantastic shot... I envey you for your "placement' Been to may years for me doing that.

bayrunner ray

11. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Thanks everyone for all the possitve feedback. I have a practice target that I use at 15 yards in my garage. But as everyone knows deer dont have targets painted on thier sides. Just to set the records straight I shot to where I thought the heart was. But I cant guarantee that is where the arrow hit. I think there was a little bit of luck involved also. But lets not tell my 8 year old grandson that ok.
    Thanks again guys
    Danny J

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Danny
    Thats an awesome deer. Thanks for showing the shot placement, dont see that much so thanks for including it in your photos.:wink:

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Congrats on the great season. I still think any deer with a bow is a trophy so if you get a nice buck with a bow thats even better!

Even if you don't know exactly where the heart is you still got him in the right spot thats for sure. Thats a great ethical shot right there!