Second Creek

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JBird01, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Went sauger fishing today with my grandpa, we caught a few small ones but no keepers. I was wondering if anyone has done any catfishing in this area? Saw some places that looked pretty good but thought I'd ask if anyone had fished around this area before making the long drive.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome, could you be a little more specific on location?

3. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    yes there are some good fishing in the second creek area, alot of holes and structure.:cool2:

4. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Its on the Cumberland River in Trousdale county probably 10-15 miles up river from the 231 bridge. I'm not very familiar with this area either so correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    You are right on the right money, it is in Hartsville:roll_eyes:

6. festus

festus New Member

Here's a map of the Second Creek/Cumberland River junction on Old Hickory if it helps. I haven't been down that way in 7 or 8 years.

7. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I have launched at the ramp in the creek and nettedshad there :006:but I never fished the creek.

8. festus

festus New Member

Here's a better map of the area. That first one got reduced by the attachment.

9. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Thanks for the map Festus, the sharp bend in the river channel there looks like a good spot to try. And maybe the point that comes off the island in the pic. Might have to try this place out here in the next few weeks:wink: