Second Amendment

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Cattn-Jeep, Mar 24, 2009.

Do you support the second amendment?

1. Yes, I support the second amendment.

2. No, I do not support the second amendment.

3. I don't care either way.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I couldn't have said it better myself!:cool2:

3. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    :smile2:It's gonna really suck if they ever do take away our second ammendment. I just can't see wearing long sleeves all summer long !!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    H*!! yes!!!!

5. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Without this right, all the other rights would be gone in short order....

6. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Always have, Always will

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Its one of the rights I went to war for.
    SEMPER FI

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If it wasnt an important right,It wouldn't have been INCLUDED in the first place. Yes I do support it,And I DO support the NRA.:cool2:

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Damn skippy I do, very actively!

10. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    they are going to try eventually, maybe even take the amendment away, But they ll never get the guns done. not all of them. I think they ll focus on the ammunition, They are the sneakiest, I like them to think they have us under control , Communism wont survive :wink:

11. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    DIRTDOBBER THANK YOU AND ALL YOUR BROTHERS & SISTERS FOR FIGHTING FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!! I am a member of the NRA

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Darn right I support and believe in the 2nd Amendment!! It's our GOD given right to keep and bear arms. Be a bloody day in HE!! before they strip me of my pride of keeping my sentimental value weapons!!:cool2: It would make our fore-fathers roll in their graves if this ever happens!!

13. kcgmatt

kcgmatt New Member

State:
    MO
    Without the Second you would have no rights! If you aren't an NRA member, join! The NRA is the only watchdog we have. Call your Senators and Representitives and let them know how you feel. Most of all, VOTE the Second! Personally, I will NEVER vote for anyone that doesn't support our Second Amendment rights.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Somehow when the founding fathers gathered to pen the words of the second amendment, I doubt any of them had an inkling as to what weapons of the future would bring. In their days they had flintlock rifles and revolvers. They couldn't have possibly imagined an AK57, M-16, etc. I think if they had, the amendment would have been worded slightly different. With what they had to work with in the late 1700's, they did an outstanding job.

15. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I don't agree. They wanted a armed militia to protect them and to have the best weapons they could. At the time that was a flint lock, At this time the options have opened up but the meaning in the amendment is still the same. I seriously doubt they would want to live now and only allow bolt action or single shot rifles when the people the amendment was aimed towards are carrying fully automatic weapons. The armed militia then did own cannons that were fully capable of using grape shot, the machine gun of the area. It is harder to own a cannon now than it was then.

Besides, 300 rounds into a building are still not as good as a single round into the heart!

16. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I found a few quotes, these should explain why it is important for the arms we bear to be modern. IMHO, it's not your right as an american to bear arms, it's your responsibility.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
    -- Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation. . . (where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." -- The Federalist, No. 46
    - James Madison

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775
    - Thomas Paine

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789
    - Elbridge Gerry

"No free government was ever founded or ever preserved its liberty, without uniting the characters of the citizen and soldier in those destined for the defense of the state.... Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen."
    - State Gazette (Charleston), September 8, 1788

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Damn right I support it. If your reading this and dont like it..........to be continued after the first response face to face.

18. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I support it 100%.

19. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I support it 100%.

20. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I support it 100% and if you dont, you should.