SEC vs BIG TEN

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by s_man, Dec 5, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The best of the two toughest conferences in the nation. We shall now witness which is the toughest of them all. Go Buckeyes.

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I also see on the schedule, Penn state vs Tennessee (Outback) and Wisconsin vs Arkansas (Capital one). And with the Buckeyes playing Florida, That seems like a good test of the conference strengths.
    I say 3 to 0, Big Ten.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thats a pretty tall order on the Penn State game Skip they stink this year. Nothing against PSU I love watching them play but they are not with it Im suprised they made Bowl eligable.

4. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I agree that PSU will have a tough time with Tenn. but I would say 2-1 Big Ten over the SEC.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Man, you guys must be smoking some good stuff. It will be to hard to predict what is going to happen in those games. Depends on who really wants them..

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Hopefully the Big Blue roll over USC, to prove who is # 2 in the nation........
    Go Blue.............GO Big Ten. You know i grew up in Big Ten country and now live down in Georgia. A lot of people down here tell me that Ohio State and Michigan don't play any worthy opponents all year long. I feel the big ten is made up of many powerhouses that all play hardnose "big ten football", and have some of the richest traditions and most storied college programs. Hopefully the big ten does well during the bowl season, I even root for Ohio state during bowl season. But only as a Big Ten representative, I'm originally from Michigan and a wolverine at heart. Let's show these soutern boys what the midwest is made of!!

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Penn state is my only reservation. They play good for most of the game then lose at the end. But they play big time opponets hard so it will be a good game. Wisconsin on the other hand should be pretty steamed, they went 11-1 in the big ten and got hosed in the BCS. Arkansas should look out.

8. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am not a Florida fan or OSU fan but I hate to break it to you guys I only see one win out of the 3 and thats if Urban Meyer isn't able to take care of business. Everyone assumes that Ohio State is this phenomenal team but who have they beaten? Texas? Oh they turned out not to even be able to win their conference. Michigan? Well from where I sit it sure seems like Michigans big game against ND wasn't exactly impressive since the only reason they are ranked so high is that they are ND (which is a whole different rant). Beating 9 out of 10 bowl bound teams is pretty impressive. On paper Florida and OSU stack up against each other pretty well and I think it will be a better game than alot of people expect which could cause the big ten to go 0-3 against the SEC.

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thank you Craig! I have finally read a post I can agree with on this thread!

10. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Im not even an SEC fan. My hokies are in the ACC (talk about a rotten conference this year!) I do like our chances with GA though!

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    If the Arkansas that showed up against Fla. shows up Wisconsin will win. Otherwise a great game where I'd give the edge to AR. PSU v Tenn. I haven't watched the Vols at all this year but I'd bet on them.

OSU Florida? I'll take any bets (No I will not give you points, be a man!)

GO BUCKS!

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Isn't it funny how all the guys up north support the Big Ten, the guys in the SE support the SE Conference, and the guys from the East Coast rave about the Atlantic Coast Conference. Maybe football would be a little better if people could look outside their conference and root for other teams. I am a good one to talk, because frankly I don't care if the Big 10, Pac 10. SE, Atlantic-coast, Mountain West conferences ever win another game. COLOR me a homer too. LOL

13. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    You gentlemen of the big ten hear me, with the exception of Ohio state the big ten has the weakest teams in the nation. this year the sec had some decent teams so did the big 12 also the pac 10.

Ohio State is the best team in the nation no question, but with the exception of Michigan they had a cake walk over the rest of the big ten

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Craig, this will be a cakewalk. I don't know what kinda video you get back in the hills. But the Ohio State Buckeyes are the real deal. I feel real bad for the whole state of Arkansas, but Wisconsin will beat them by 20 points. And if you think Tenn. is gonna blow out Penn State you are high.

Ohio State 44 Florida 12

Wisconsin 35 Arkansas 6

Penn State 21 Tenn 20

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You don't even have a clue whats about to drop on your head do you craig? The FLA gators will be soundly defeted on a neutral field. They might score 7 points but thats about it. I will give them 10. Ohio State on the other hand will score 44. Invincible! LOL

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hey Greg you get your wish. Ohio State vs Florida, Wisconsin vs Arkansas, and Penn State vs Tennessee. 3 to 0 Big Ten.

17. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Skippy Boy, I believe you've been handling too much anthrax infected packages there at the ole' U.S. Post Office, LOL! I tell you what, I can't deny that O.S.U. is without a doubt the #1 team in D1 football, but for you to build up the rest of that conference and claim it'll go 3-0 against the SEC in the bowls games is flat out comical! Now I believe FLA will not survive O.S.U., but I think ARK and TENN will have no problem with their opponents. I'm not saying blowouts, it's all about the w's to me, don't matter if it's 44-10 or 21-10. A w's a W! So I predict the SEC to go 2-1 over the BIG 10 in the bowl matchups. And don't ask me about wagers, I'm not a gambling man!

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    SEC 2 Wins - 1 Loss

19. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    actually I didn't say that I thought FL would win I actually think Ohio State will take care of business but I do think it will be a heck of a lot closer then 44-10 as far as the other 2 teams. I think Wisconsin lucked out in their schedule this year if they had had to play anybody at all besides michigan they would have more losses I mean lets face it the Big Ten wasn't super strong this year aside from Michigan and OSU. As far as TN taking care of Penn State hmm I haven't watched penn state this year but I sure feel comfortable saying that TN shouldn't have trouble taking care of them in a bowl. I think you will be suprised when all is said and done at the end of bowl season. If you check the lines on the games you might find that Vegas agrees with me on the TN game and if you compare schedules Wisconsin hasn't beaten a single top 25 team whereas Arkansas has beaten 2. I like my chances. We will see how it works out on the field. I'd be willing to betcha 5 bucks that your teams won't cover with with the scores that you picked in 2 outta 3 games. Meaning that your teams have to win by the points spreads that you picked or it doesn't count as a win. Just a friendly little bet to make it interesting.

20. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    GO HOKIES!!! Craig, are you an alumni? Class of '95 here!