Seat Belts

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by micah, May 25, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    My mom is retiring from DPS today and she told me that for the next 2 weeks there's going to be a lot of extra officers on the roads pulling over seat belt violators not to mention DUI's. Buckle up and stay home if you drink.

Micah

2. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    It must be nation wide they are having extra enforcement on seat belt violaters in kansas also

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Its called click it or ticket. Its nation wide at a cost of about 30 million dollars every year.
    What a waste of money.

4. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I ALWAYS buckle up----it is the only thing that keeps my beer from sloshin around while I drive!!!:dribble:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hope they get every person thats driving DUI! Lock em up and throw away the key! :angry:

Think about how many will be killed on account of some drunk and the drunks are never hurt.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thats a normal part of the job of state troopers and other police agencies as is enforcing any law.
    But with the feds whining and crying about a highway fund in bankruptcy the 30 million is being wasted at our expense for a bunch of stickers and printed materials.

I know I dont require being reminded its illegal not use my seatbelt or that its illegal to drive impared.
    There are better uses for the money.
    I'm sure there is a highway expansion in need or a bridge in dire need of replacing or maybe a bunch of dangerous intersections that need work done to them to SAVE LIVES.

7. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I'm definantely against dui's but as far as locking them up and throwing the key away in Some cases I disagree. I never have understood the concept of bars with parking lots. If the City or State is going to give a business the ok to build a bar with a parking lot and prosecute you for driving under the influence, it seems kind of hypocritical. I myself no longer drink but anyone who's ever driven to the bar, had a beer and left is guilty. Contrary to this thing we hear about as (OVER THE LIMIT) there's really no such thing. Arizona has something they call IMPAIRED TO THE SLIGHTEST DEGREE, which means. If your someone who can handle there liquor, you decide to have 2 drinks and drive home. Your doing the speed limit while driving between the lines. You then meet little Miss thing head on who decides to reach down and adjust her panty hose or some gentleman who decides to glance over to watch the ending of his favorite
    movie on the passengers 9" dashboard mounted dvd. Either one crosses the line and hits you head on and dies your going to prison for vehicular homicide. Just a thought.