Seaswirl Boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by metalman, Aug 20, 2008.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    As I get older, sleeping on the boat becomes a little harder and I find myself looking at boats that offer a little more comfort for overnighting.
    I recently saw a Seaswirl "Striper" out on the Ohio River and it looked like a really nice boat. Their website is quite informative but some real world feedback would be useful.
    Does anyone have anything to say about Seaswirl in general and maybe the Striper in particular?
    Thanks...W

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Goofy name aside, they look really nice. Which one are you considering?

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Dave,
    The 21 or 23 foot walk around with an Etec is what I've been looking at. It's a huge investment and not one to be undertaken without some in-depth research. I have been quite disappointed with some makes I have looked at up close. Things like wiring and the small details can be awful. It's as if the manufacturers feel they can short cut and compromise anything that is out of sight while they focus on the visible features. maybe I expect too much!!!!
    ...W

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I hear that...I generally dislike carpet and upholstery because of all the shoddy workmanship they cover up with it.

The boats make me think of SeaCraft. I wonder if they're kin?