Season's over!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Believer, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Well, season officially ended about 30 minutes ago. I was in the woods right up 'till the last minute hoping for SOMETHING to walk by so I wouldn't have to eat 2 tag sandwiches, but no such luck.
    Does anyone have any good recipes for tags? Are they best slow cooked or grilled? :tounge_out:

All kidding aside, I can't complain; this was only my 2nd season bow hunting and I managed to kill a buck and a doe and win the BOC buck contest. I guess I can't ask for much more.:big_smile:

Here in IL. we have a late firearms season for does only which starts tomorrow. Maybe I can fill my last shotgun tag and avoid eating a 3rd sandwich. :wink:

Eric

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    All I can tell you is, I hope you have plenty of Miracle Whip, LOL!!!

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I ate 1 tag sandwich myself Eric.:cool2: .Good luck on the firearms for doe.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    We still have a couple days left but looks like Im going to eat my buck tag for the second year straight. Oh well the three does were mighty tasty.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    BBQ sauce is the way to go Eric....:tounge_out:
    Way to go on a good season.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Try putting some tenderizer on them first. Congrads on the good season you had. What did you win on the Buck contest.How long is the extra season over there,so you can get back to some serious fishing instead of tromping through the wood s like Davey Crockett:lol: Just kidding good luck on the hunt.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Heh big deal... Let's see I must of ate oh about 5 deer tag's this year of those 5. One was a out of state Kansas rifle tag. Although who cares I still ended up killing 6 deer. Which makes a total of 30 deer killed on our farm this year. Whack them and stack them baby is all I have to say!!!!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Eric those tag sandwiches have become an every year occurance for me lately though i dont bowhunt i just never could learn how to aim so i'll stick to my guns so to speak but congratulations on a fruitfull season

9. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Congratualtions Eric on your success this year. Sounds like you you got some venison', some irreplaceable memories and got to enjoy God's gift of nature. Who could ask for more.

Tight Lines
    Danny J

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    You did real good, Eric. Congrats on a fine season! I think I'm finished for the year with six in the freezer but I may take advantage of the new Urban doe season that is open until the end of March for bow hunters. I still have a couple friends that have freezer space and would like some meat.