seasonal affective disorder

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman-j, Dec 13, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    SAD as some call it. Winter depression. How do you deal with it?

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, I dealt with SAD while I was living in MA. By February each year, I was ready to crawl under a rock. My doctor suggested getting a full spectrum light bulb. I got one and used it to start seeds for my garden. Spending time under that light worked for me. I haven't had any problems with it since I moved to NC 9 years ago. Some people that I've talked to say that they go to tanning salons. They say that it helps.

3. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I would say whiskey, cigs and coffee.:smile2:

4. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I play music,,, deer hunt, and bug,, my wife even more,,lol

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Where can I get one of them thar light bulbs???

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    It may sound hokey but I take a ride. I live in the country and go somewhere a different way, not the shortest.

7. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I have never owned one or seen one, but I have heard there is a hat that has the light in the bill that shines on your face. These are made specifically for SAD, which a lot of people suffer from, and according to my doctor the lights (not just the hat style) do help. I had this a few years back and my doc recommended I look into it. Do a Google search on Seasonal Affective Disorder Lamp, check out what different places have to offer. Most likely way way overpriced, but maybe you could fashion one by looking at what they sell and it could be used to read under or something. Probably a broad spectrum fluorescent lamp in a shop light would be better than nothing.

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Coyote hunting has helped me cope. Out @ dawn callen and given em a bad day. Farms would greet ya with open arms if ya killen yotes.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    seasonal affective disorder

It's been pretty easy, so far. Deer hunting occupies most of my time. Keeping my 2 boys entertained has been easier since my work layoff. Been helping my friend with feeding and exercising his dog for the last few days. Hoping work picks back up. Does get kinda boring, but luckily the BOC keeps me rolling!

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    No matter how terrible the fishing is and how cold it is, I try to get out a couple times a week after work. Even if it's just 30 minutes or a hour, it just refreshed me.

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we dont have it here...but indoor growing by itself would seem to help any kinda of disorder./..keep it legal:wink:

12. That's it buddy. And if can't hit the river, I got plenty of projects in the garage to do and work on the house. If it get's real bad, I grab a 6 pack, fill the tree in the back yard up with bird seed and get the scoped BB gun out, play with the squirrles and pigeons a little, haha. :wink:

13. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    The WIFE says : I just pick my nose and whine........:embarassed:

14. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    But,,,, Cecil,,, We do that all the time!!!:smile2:

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have this disorter along with many others its not fun and it makes socail interactions very diffacalt at times,but thats why you got to stay busey on stuff and reach your goal if one has no goal the mental illnes will take you over through drugs or suicide ive been their done that time to move on and deal with what you got their is no cure, just ways to cop with it,, if you have this do not use drugs cannabis is not included unless your agaist it,, i repeat do not take drugs of any kind to treat this it will only make you better for a short time, trust the hippie he knows what is good for you, studied phyc, the best rout to take is get outside and move being on the boc day in and day out will not help you,work ,this is great if you are working unlike me at the time it will help,have more you know with your girlfreind wife,study the illness and realize you have it before it has you:wink:

16. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yeah........But I'm GOOD at it. :eek:oooh:

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Do like Tiger, gets some girlfriends :eek:oooh::smile2:.

18. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    WHAT ???:big_smile::cool2:

19. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    girls ,, that is always the cure,unless your very un atractive in that case you need to learn to be a smooth talker,me i never had that problem, girls loved my hippie a## due to the fact they thoght i was a rock star and looked like kurt cobain lol,i had them like groupies,but now im married :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    crochet and if that doesn't work than xanax :wink: