Sears

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Nov 30, 2007.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    NOTE: This is a forward that I received. I though I would share for I didn't know this about Sears!

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment.

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

ps, I'll save you the time.... it's TRUE! :wink:

2. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It's great to see a company helping our soldiers out.

A buddy of mine who worked with me several years ago, made out pretty good like this. He worked for a small foundry that compensated soldiers like sears for the difference in pay.

I am not a military guy, so I will explain it how he did for me. He went to Italy at the start of this Iraqi problem. The company compensated him for the difference between his base guard pay and what he would have made had he been there (they even increased his pay if we would have worked mandatory OT that week). They didn't take into consideration any additional compensation he got from what he was doing. He mentioned something about a housing allowance, that paid depending on your geographic location to allow you to make house payments. That was not included, from what he told me. According to him, he actually made more than what he would have if he had been home (not that it was nearly enough for what he was doing for our country).

Even though the company knew he was getting comp'ed more than his normal, the company took its stance that this is what they SHOULD do to support our troops.

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Thanks Dayton.

Sure is nice to hear about people/companies treating our soldiers good!!

I think I will swing by there on the way home and show my thanks by buying myself a new 3/8 drive ratchet.

(I just wish MORE of SEARS tools/parts were made in the USA.)

Tony
    _

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    that is something i did not know about Sears. i do know this, Super 8 motels does not have a military discount, all they have is a "goverment discount" and you have to be on official government business then its only like 5 or 10 percent. then the price out here is still 80 bucks. but on the flip side, i can go to AmeriSuites and get a nice 2 room suite with a kitchenette ,sitting room area, and king size bed for 64 dollars after the military discount. doesnt take to much to figure out where i like to stay. :wink:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dayton, take a break and get yourself something to eat...
    Got to get rid of that anorexic avatar...:smile2:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    You're the first to comment. :smile2:

I though my big cap and head look good on those little shoulders. I though it look kind of like a Elf. :crazy:

Wish I could set my camera to give me no appetite. :cool2:

7. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thats cool of Sears to support military personnel like that. If more companies would be as involved we might actually have a more powerful economy. Thanks for sharing.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    People might think about shopping Sears this year and skip Walmart. That way Sears can continue to do what they are doing for our soldiers. I love their tool section.
    Bill

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    AMEN to that!!!

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats very good to know,Dayton.Thanks for that ,I knew there was a reasonI shopped Sears so much.

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for sharing that with us. Our soldiers need all the help they can get. They put thier lives out thier on the line for us and for our freedom. Most of them are under payed. Espeacialy the ones in Basic Training. Glad to know Sears cares about them.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    agree with Bill. Enough said. We need to support those that support our country, and men and women overseas.