Sears, thumbs up!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by East, Jul 19, 2006.

1. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    this was posted by a member on my motorcycle club's site

Before you read this thread, please note that I called Sears Corporate Headquarters this morning to verify the information below, and it's all true. If this has been posted before please accept my apology, but good news bears repeating.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's all shop at Sears!!!
    I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.
    Sears, however, is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I will be shopping at Sears, and telling the manager why I'm there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like that thanks for letting us know this. i will be writing SEARS a nice letter not email thanking them for what they are doing.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yep I'll be shopping sears, not to many places take care of their people anymore.

4. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Thanks for posting that. I shop at Sears alot, but I will give them even more of my business from now on.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sounds good to me. I think people who are called up deserve a lot of than most companies will give them.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'd like to support Sears but they stopped selling hunting and fishing stuff. I can't think of anything else they have that I need. Maybe the wife will know!

Really, they are a great company for doing that! Kudos Sears!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Reps for Sears.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I mailed my letter today thanking Sears for what they are doing and before I came to work stopped in at the store and bought a new shop vac. I was going to get it from a competetor but if with what they are doing for our guys it was worth the 8 extra bucks.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Glad to hear that at least one big company is willing to go out of there way for thier people and not put money frist. three cheers for Sears. HIP HIP HOHRA,HIP HIP HOHRA,HIP HIP HOHRA== GO SEARS!!

10. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    That is how it should be no matter where you work. I believe I need some new craftsman hand tools.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I wonder if this is true for Kmart also. Since one owns the other.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go Sears, Way to Go!!!pk:big_smile:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is great news! Good for Sears!

We've bought a lot at Sears over the years. I will say they sell a fine lawn mower. Have owned 4, until this year three of those were still being used.. now 2 are still in service and that is for 50 years. :cool2:

I've always bought Craftsman hand tools.

14. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I hate Sears. The last time I was in there was to buy some shirts. I ended up slinging them across the floor after no one would wait on me.

On the good side, the trigger switch went bad on my 20 year old Craftsman reciprocating saw and I ordered a new one from them online for about 5 bucks.

Nice thing they are doing for the military even though I doubt many of them in Iraq will be putting the company insurance to use while they are gone. Probably ain't much difference in the pay either. Good PR for Sears. They will probably benefit more from it than the service men.

15. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i see why you go by Grumpy!

16. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the info. Think I'll go get the wife a new power tool, the older she gets, the more she complains about cutting wood, and she's getting slower too!! Good fishin', Jack.

17. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the info. I for one love Sears. They have good quality stuff. All my tools come from there.

18. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for sharing Josh,Sears is doing a good thing there and I do shop at sears.Always have and always will...:big_smile:

19. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    yup i can see spending more at sears Its a good thing what they are doing for are service men