Sears Gamefisher outboards??

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Salmonid, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sears Gamefisher 9.9 HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a guy I was doing work for who had this motor in his garage and wondered what the going cost on it would be since he didnt like my offer of $100 so I thought i would do some research and see what its worth, its a Twin Cylinder version and has only been in the water 1 time, seriously the motor and shaft are original and absolutely mint condition, he sais he has pulled it a few times to make sure its free over the last few years but I dont know if it runs or not, this guy is 85 years old and cant remember when he bought it but he said it could have been 10 years ago, he did say it was 1000 bucks when he bought it new.

I was able to find info regarding who actually built it, based on the first 3 digits of the SN. ( could be Tanaka, Eska, Mercury or Johnson) I need to get the serial number from the owner though.

Any advice on this motor as far as how to find out what year it is?, reliability, serviceability or what its worth?
    Lastly, how do I figure out what year it is?
    Most appreciated, Thanks!
    Salmonid

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Obsolete, out of production, hard to find parts. Example, your not finding alot of info on it now.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Like Bob said in another way. Don't walk run away from it because finding parts is like finding hens teeth.:tounge_out:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks guys, now what if the SN# match the ones that were made by either Johnson or Mercury, would that change anything? I would think those parts would be much easier to find now.

Salmonid