Searching for flat sinkers?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by maddkatz22, Feb 14, 2007.

1. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have been looking for the flat (no roll) sinkers, but have been unable to find them anywhere. Can anyone give me a source were i may can find some? Thanks

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Charlie Fox @ Catawba Marine and Tackle in Rock hill has them,I bought some a couple of months ago,sorry I cant remember price,of course it varies with size,he has a descent selection,hope this helps.

3. fishman247

fishman247 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    check out catfishconnection.com i was browsing the sight the other day and they have them as well as many other types

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Mike check with souths finest sporting goods on palmetto street. If he doesnt have them he will get them for you. Tell him u fish with the pee dee catmasters cause he is one of our sponsors.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'll have to check them out next time I'm in Florence. I did pick up some flats at Irby St a while back. He said someone local makes them but all he had was 3 oz. I usually order bulk online from CC up to 8 oz.

6. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thank You all for the info.:big_smile: Mr. Tommy I did some searching on-line last night and found some at atoztackleshop.com they were cheaper than cc.(100=$15)+ shipping ($8.50)..... I'll check back with souths finest, they didn't have any the other day, nor did Irby St. Thanks again and good luck with the fish.

7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Recently I've been getting good deals on 1-8 oz. no rolls on e-bay. I'll have to check the guys name and get back. But i think I paid around5-6 bucks per 20 including shipping.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I saw some at one of the stores at Santee(the town).

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    If you need no-roll sinkers and can't find them shoot me a pm or email I have over 500 lbs of them made now from 1 oz up to 8 oz.

10. rango

rango New Member

State:
    south carolina
    where are you located at in sc and what what weights do you have in mind?

11. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Rango I'm form Barrineau,SC that's about 30 miles are so south of Florence. I'm looking for 2 to 3 oz no-roll sinkers. Thanks and Welcome to the BOC!!!!!!!!!!

12. clatorlakecat

clatorlakecat New Member

State:
    va
    i get mine trough fred white he's a member on herefw5517@gmail.com :big_smile:

13. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i got a buddy with the forms. he makes his own alot cheaper than he can buy them. and just found out the other day that you can go down to the local shooting range and get all the spent lead you can hold, im gonna buy some forms and start making my own. cause i get hung up alot fishing fallen trees and rocks. them 8 oz sinkers are $3.00 each here when you can find them.

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    If you live close to hwy 34 off I77 you may want to check them out. Don't know the name of the place but you can't miss it. Rods sitting out side.

15. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    BOC member Dknight makes flat no roll sinker just pm him.... or me and we will get some to ya.... I travel to your area once or twice a month...

16. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    If anyone fishes a lot its worth the money to get your own stuff and make your own lead weights. I have had my pot and molds for at least 18yrs and they still work great saving me hundreds of thousands of dollars:roll_eyes: well maybe not that much, but a lot

17. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    321 flea market in dallas nc. 3 dollars a #

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    A to Z tackle is really good. Best price I've found in a reliable source that has what you need WHEN you need it. I'd much rather spend a little more than have to deal with pouring lead.