sealer for waterpump

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by wvcatfishhunter, May 2, 2008.

  1. wvcatfishhunter

    wvcatfishhunter New Member

    West Virginia
    I'm gonna tackle changing my water pump tomorrow.. What kind of sealer should I use? I read where its supposed to be brown but whats it called? and should I use form a gasket in it as well?
  2. Bobpaul

    Bobpaul New Member

    Supply NC
    No form-a-gasket!

    Use any type of brush on gasket sealer.

    For those types of water pumps that use a thin rubber o-ring material type gasket, I use windsheild adhesive, to hold it in place. It's the first thing I do, when I open the box. Install that type of gasket to the pump housing. It'll be ready when you're ready to install the housing.