Seafoam

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by glenmorebuckman, Feb 24, 2007.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Has anybody had any good results using Seafoam through a vacuum line on there vehicles? Any bad results?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have use seafoam in every thing from gas to diesel engines in lines in the oil in the tank and have always found improvement afterward.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Willard your the man. I agree with you. That Seafoam is sometimes a miracle wonder. I use it on many applications. Marine, mowers an automotive. Always note an improvement.:lol: :smile2:

4. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I use it in everything.
    Good Product!

5. glenmorebuckman

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    I ran some through my '88 bronco II today and noticed a great improvemnet in the idle. Thanks for all the replies!

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Add about a half can to the next three tanks of fuel and it should clean every thing out good. Then add it about once a month. With todays fuel it can get cloged real fast.

7. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    I was told about Seafoam a few years ago and have used it with good results

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Stuff is awesome my grandpa used it in everything growing up and I use it in everything now.

9. Longhunter

Longhunter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I used Sea Foam once on a 80 HP Merc. That had set in storage for 10 years ran like a top for many hours before I sold it, Have never been able to find it again, any ideas where to get it?

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Most Car quest parts stores carry it. I'll see if I can locate a daler in ok. For you.

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good mornin' Bubba, all the NAPA stores around here carry it. It's alot cheaper there than @ West Marine etc.

I'm with you Bubba, although most people think it is only for gas/marine use. It works great on diesels as well. I don't know for a fact but I'm willin' to bet that it should help out with the lack of lubricity in todays ULSD.

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I use it in every thing that has gas. It does wonders.
    Bill

13. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I found it at Attwoods farm and home store. $5.88 a can.

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    That's roughly what I pay for it here. I just put a can in a '98 Dodge van a few minutes ago. I paid $6.00 @ NAPA.

I put 1/2 of the can thru the Vacuum hose & the other 1/2 thru my injection cleaning machine. You can't even feel or hear it run:big_smile:

15. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The us military spent several thousands of dollars developing that stuff and I have heard from tank drivers that were in WWII that if they hadn't had that stuff in Europe and Africa that their tanks would have almost come to a stand still.

It wasn't until the late fifties that the general public could purchase it.

How many have heard their power steering pump whine, Especially on the older model trucks and cars. Add about an ounce to your pump fluid and in a couple days it will be quite as a mouse.

Did I say I like Seafoam?:tounge_out:

16. glenmorebuckman

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Advance Auto and Autozone also have it.

17. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    How much do you add to a tank of gas?
    I have a 1985 dodge van I would like to try it in.

18. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The amount is on the can and I can't remember the specifics but I would fill it up and dump the whole can it. All its going to do is clean it up any way and it won't over dose on it.:big_smile:

In My dodge I have been known to dump a whole can in a half tank of fuel if I am going to do some heavy hauling.

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The original company developed the product for the marine industry in the 30s hence the name Seafoam.The military and after market auto industry quickly caught on and started using the product.You all will be happy to know they now have a transmission treatment and a spray lube.:smile2: