Seafoam is some awesome stuff!

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by jdward, May 16, 2009.

1. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I've got a 2008 Mercury 50 horse 2 stroke, and lately it has been giving me quite a few problems idling and hesitating before accelerating. I talked to my local Mercury mechanic and he said that it probaly needed some carb ajustments (it has 3 carbs) and may have some problems with the floats in the carbs. After telling me it wasn't covered under my warranty, he assured me it shouldn't run anymore than $300 to get her back running right:crazy:. So after reading all the good reviews you guys have given Seafoam I decided to give it a shot before giving the mechanic $300. Within 30 minutes my motor was back running the same as when I bought it. Thanks to everyone who has sugggested Seafoam in past posts, ya'll saved me quite a bit of money!

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Jason I just sea foam for the first time also. Nothing but good comes out of using it. My motor runs better than it has for a while. And the gas mileage is a lot better. My motor is a mercury classic 40 1990 model.

Tom

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Guys Seafoam not only helps get rid of water in fuel but it also treats and cleand the fuel system. A suggestion to every one who reads this. Treat with seafoam on a regular bases and install the water filter seperator and replace all fuel lines to the carbs from the tank ever 2 to 3 years.

4. ron16

ron16 New Member

State:
    Pelion, South C
    I have a 1969 Johnson 20 HP that runs fine wide open but doesn't want to idle. Do you think Sea Foam will help or what would you suggest?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    [/BI use seafoam on everything that has gas. Lawnmowers, chainsaws, marine and automotive applications. I'm never without it.]

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I always use SeaFoam, when winterizing my boat. I try to get most of the gas used in the gas tank before storing for the wintertime, then I'll add a can of SeaFoam to the tank. I think 1 can treats like 24 gals of fuel. It really helps the engine idle better and keeps the fuel better quality. I really like the stuff!! Great product!!