seafoam as a additive

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Mar 13, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Anyone in here use seafoam? Anyone ever use it to clean out the carbon on two cycles or just a additive? The boat mechanics on Iboats all swear by it. Speaking of Iboats I am not trying to promote their site but it's where I go for all my motor repair questions, they have some master marine machanic's there that just kinda of hang around. I have fixed many engines by taking those guys advice.

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    We have a great guy on here that knows things inside and out on motors and he is always willing to help out. His Screen name is Bubbacat he is one heck of a guy and a great value to the site. Check out the section Bubba's Outboards. And to anwser the Seafoam part I know I do and so do a lot of other on here.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I've been using SeaFoam for several years now, since the BOC Boat Mechanics recommended it.

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    been useing seafoam for years it is some great stuff i swear by it

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Highly recommend Sea Foam. I use it on Boat Motors, Cars, Lawn mowers and chain saws.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    What is this Sea Foam? I have never heard of it!:crazy:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I mix it in evey tank right along with the 2 stroke oil.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Bill, it's a oil/gas additive made mainly for boat use. Up until I started using it, I had to have my carbs taken apart and cleaned an even replaced, every two years. It seems I was guilty of the worst thing you can do to a marine motor, only run it every few months. All that oil enriched gas creates a film buildup that is hell on carbs. Needless to say, $400-500 every two years is nor fun. The BOC Boat Mechanics recommended SeaFoam added to the gas and it has been 8 years now with no gumming up of the carbs. I was told DO NOT use additives made for autos because the oil added to the gas will get diluted and not lube the inner parts as they need.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

I bet ya seen it many times just never paid it any mind,

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

10. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I buy mine at Wally World, in the gas/oil additives section in automotive. $5.34 per can. I use it in every tank. And, like mentioned above in a post, no more carb rebuilds. As Mickey says, use it in any gas powered equipment that is subject to setting for long spells without use.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I find mine at Auto Zone. Can't locate it at any other places around my area.

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Same here.. Auto Zone on this side of the river too.. No more stale gas or gummed up carbs.. The stuff really works great...

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Have a shot every morning don't ya Harry, keep ya regular do it?

Just picked up a gllon jug at Rural King, having a party ya know

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Your really on a roll today aren't you hop-a-long.. hehehe.. So if its nice next weekend are you gonna take me crappie fishing..

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    NOPE! Not gonna fish with you again until I'm asked to go out in YOUR BOAT! :eek:oooh: :crazy: :smile2: Side's your strictly a CAT FISH man right :wink:.
    Gotta finish engine in the morning, put carb back, changed out the filter system today, and separator, (after getting pissed and breaking off engine last weekend) so went ahead and picked up a rebuild kit too, 8 years hasn't had a problem so can't complain to much eh?

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ya know Harry, I'm not sure if it is just my eyes or what, but your new avatar well, let me just say, I can't wait for you to take Mike, Bill and myself out on the river sometime.......

17. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I use it , and like it, I use it on my harley for winter, and in my car in the gas and in the oil before I change it,and in the fuel on the boat , it does work, it keeps thing clean in side the engine and keeps the gas from going bad in winter, it is a stablelizer , I even use it in my diesle tractor try it

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Uh, Randy, you might want to rethink this out a bit.:eek:oooh:

Oh, wait, I missed that. Your waiting till you are "asked". Whew, I should have known you weren't waiting to actually go out on his boat.:wink:

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    You know I was thinking something along those same lines there Randy...lol

That picture makes it look like the Skunkmaster bought himself a toy boat and there is no way in hell the 3 of us are gonna be able to fish out of that thing like we did mine.:smile2:

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Its the same length as my last boat only wider and more floor space.. If I wanted a boat to party in I would have gotten a pontoon boat.. It will fish 2 people comfortably which is all I have in a boat at one time anyway.. That is unless I'm going crappie fishing with Randy.. hehhe Once I get it finished if I don't like it the motor and trailer are worth what I paid for everything so I can burn the boat... remember its fiberglass.. hehhe... and put motor on another boat and use trailer..