Seaark V-hulls

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Nomdic1, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Nomdic1

Nomdic1 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Anybody have the Seaark v-cat or other 15 degree v-hulls from them. I looking at purchasing the 2472 v-pro and would like some input from owners as to the ride quality vs. 3 degree hull, especially in rougher water. Most of my fishing is in James river Virginia. But I take my annual walleye trips to the great lakes.

Thanks.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have a 2007 SeaArk 2072 Pro Cooks Edition. I have had it in pretty rough waters and it handles like a dream. I took it to a local lake which gets HEAVY weekend traffic, and with 8 people on board, the only way I could get them wet was to surf a cabin cruisers wake and purposely power off the roll. I will most definitely take it to Erie. 3 footers would be no problem. 4-6 footer I would only try alone, but for most days up there it would be an excellent choice.

3. Nomdic1

Nomdic1 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for the info. I had hoped it was capable of rougher water. I don't see me intentionaly being out in 4-6 footers. But you never know. Being from Ohio, have you had any dealing with Boatboys, they are a seark dealer outside of dayton I believe. Just started talking with them about the 2472 vpro.

Thanks again.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Boatboys are 30 miles from me. They just started carrying the SeaArk line. When I bought mine from Cook's in Mo, they only carried the G3. I had some service work done and they have treated me very very well. They could be what some call pricey, but I had no issues with their prices for the services I received. If you want some pricing leverage, check out Cooks Marine in Missouri. I will buy my next one there too, although I am connected w/ Missouri via family and the Cardinals.

If I am not mistaken, there is a dealer in Pa as well, which might be closer to you. Boatboys is 1 hr 45 minutes from the Ohio border whether coming up 77 or 70.

Good Luck and look me up when you head this way. My phone numbers are on my website.

Shawn