SeaArk Rescue Boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by mverick, Dec 31, 2007.

1. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    I was looking for SeaArk boats and found this sight. Figured I'd post our new boat.

Attached Files:

2. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    Well oops,

That pic doesn't show the boat. LOL.. Other then the bow and the rails.

It's a 24ft c.u.b. With the house on it. 115hp I think. We just need to get there, no go fast. Then it sits as a dive platform.

Simmons Cooper lawfirm Employees out of Alton IL had a benefit dinner for us and another group and raised enough money to buy us a badly needed boat. They are a really great group. Did more for us then we could have ever imagined.

Boat has the new 997 hummingbird on it. We've worked with them before and you can see cars and guns. Things that look out of the ordinary. And put a diver right on it.

We still have some modifications to do to it. But, it's going to be a great work boat platform.

Came on here to be able to see other mods you all have done. See if they could be incorporated for us.

We are looking at putting more weight forward. Maybe moving the cab all the way up so we have a larger rear working platform. We just set anchors in the current off the front. 2 and 1 in the rear. So, the front is pretty much empty space and we could use it for the divers and tenders in the rear if possible.

Can anyone tell me the ride in the Mississippi on one of these? Does the bow jump a lot? We'd like to put the driver as far up as possible like on this other boat I posted but if it's going to be a ridiculous jumpy ride we won't.

Thanks for any help.

Rick Merrick
    BubbleMasters Underwater Rescue Team.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    No rod holders? No cooler?
    I mean, you do HAVE to go out (real often) and "train" don't you? LOL!:wink:

4. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have the very same boat with the 30 gallon fuel tank up front, you can't move the cabin very far forward and still be able to get the front door open, as far as the ride goes with the weight of the cabin and the fuel tank , I have found the ride to be very good. in a big chop the ride is a little rough if going to fast.

5. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    What we are looking at doing is pulling the 30gal tank. We have that too. And putting it in the back against the pod that is there with floatation. Then Moving the cab all the way up. Even cutting a little into the cab to be able to put the front even and on top of the front deck.

You're right about that door. But, the workboats usually don't have a door that tall. Just one to crawl out onto the front deck. So, cut the door to fit. Have the pod for the Steering itself over the deck too. Meaning the anchor door would be blocked. So cut that in half to still have the storage. But not the whole door. For anchors put on 2 Minn Kotta Deckhand 40's. We have to set 3 anchors. 2 in front and one in rear.

What motor do you have? And what speed? I'm not worried about the speed. We just have a lot of gear and with a 115hp was worried it wouldn't plane well.

Thanks, for the response. If I'd of heard of you before. I'd of asked to come see your boat and pay ya for a ride. Nobody had ever ordered one here before. Clark Boat and Motor. Couldn't even see before we bought it. The room behind the cab is not very much. Not to suit up 2 divers and have 4 tenders for them. We also need someone to run an airpanel. Dive Supervisor, and a Detailer writing down the dive info. On another boat we need a 3rd safety diver 2 tenders and boat driver.

River diving is a pretty big operation. So, trying to get as much working room on the back of the boat as possible. Love to only have 2 ft of space on the bow. But, I doubt we can do that. We might store air cylinders on the bow. That's it.

Thanks, Rick

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Rick, welcome to the BOC/SOC. Nice looking boat!

7. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Welcome to the BOC Rick, Congrats on the new rescue boat.

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sorry, I did not notice that you were "new'. Welcome!

I 'spect the first thing you need to do is take her out on a "shake down" run and see what you have.

For the second run, maybe toss in some sand bags or something to simulate the weight, and distribution of, you expect for a standard mission.

I imagine that one or another of your Co-workers has a GPS unit, might be handy to take that out so as to see how the extra weight affects performance and fuel consumption.

That'll give you an idea of what you are working with.
    --------------------

When you go to adding things give consideration to Lights(spots and floods) and the batteries to run them.
    Folks I know that do that say you can't have enough.

I have heard that heated cabins are right nice too.

As far as your motor, I'm thinking you may wish for more horse power with what you intend to carry, but your shake down runs will tell the tale.

Good luck!
    And take lots of pics and keep us updated on the Boat Modification section of the board, please.

The most of us are voyeurs and love to see pics and descriptions of someone else's bulid.

9. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  10. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    Yep, First water run is supposed to be Jan 5th. Dealer wants to go out to make sure everything works. We've already got some things needed to be done by him. We also have a lot of aluminum welding to be done still.

Your right about the shakedown run. I said that to the team so the dealer doesn't come back after we do things and say. No warranty, you changed it. So, nothing done till basics are right.

Yep, we have the 2 manual lights on the roof. Puting mounted lights front, back and sides. 2 radio's. And, it has the Hummingbird 997 on it for side scan and GPS. 997 Might go on our Carolina Skiff though. As it's out bottom profiler. This is supposed to be our Work/Dive Boat. We have another GPS that was supposed to be mounted on a Boat we couldn't afford to dock anymore.

Has 2 batteries and a dual charger on it. I was suprised the Alt on the motor puts out 60amps. Called Merc to find out. We were going to run an inverter and have 3 batts. But decided against it. Might have to reconsider that.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Our dive team is non for profit. So, we do BBQ's and fundraising to get our gear. We work the NHRA at the end of the track where the canal is. They pay us without having taxes taken out since it's all donated to the team. Also worked at the Ball park and pat downs at Rams games. The Ball park was a huge pain in the butt. They really take advantage of the fundraisers. Having big grants like this is RARE for us. A lot of people on the team even donate there own money. They call us for a recovery. We go for free. But, a lot of people have been really great on the Recovery's.

We did one for a old man who got washed of a low water crossing in his truck around Calhoon IL I think it was. Must have been 100 people came out to help. Women brought out food for everyone. Farmers brought out tractors to pull trees out of the creek for us. And I mean 16 wheel monsters. Guy's tractor was bouncing off the ground trying to pull the tree through the bank. I asked a guy if that hurt the tractor. He said, Oh Yea. But his Grandad said do anything you can. If I have to buy another one I'll buy it. Just help. We asked for a tow truck. They brought something that would tow the world. After the first showed up. A second showed up just in case we needed it 4 mins later. Tree trimmer was haning by a rope cutting the tree and when it dropped he dropped 3 feet on a rope and swung to the bank. With a running chainsaw. I'm diving in swift current under a tree. When I came up there were snakes biting my helmet. LOL..

I couldn't believe how many people showed up to help. It was just amazing. I got blocked in since the women set up the food in the bed of my truck while I was diving. And I called off work to make another dive. Another diver was diving to. We swapped off.

Really great that the community could come together like that.

11. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  12. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    Thanks, We'd like one like that for a tender boat. Bring equipment in and out to us. That thing would haul a LOT. We'd like to find a 24 open sea ark used. But, don't see them used. LOL..

I'll have to get with them and make some dives. Didn't know about them.

www.burtrescue.org is our website. Pics are OK but not great and the new boat isn't on there yet.

River we dive Surface supply. Have hoses and lines running down to a commercial helmet. Lot safer in the open river. But, lot of surface support.

I'll try to get some pics of our boat on here today. I need to run down there and drop some gear off. I'm going to Paducha with some guy's to dive on New Years day. 29degrees. LOL.. My gear is at the building so gotta go there anyway.

Rick

13. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yep, Here in WV, "Vollies" are far and away the primary responders, land or "sea".
    If you are not one, you know, work with, or have one in the family. And the folks here abouts are more that glad to turn out and help, often to the point of being a nuisance. But I mean that in a good way.

This is one of those States were the "good ol boys" will, on a snowy day, load up a cooler in the 4 wheel drive and cruise around looking for folks to pull out of a ditch.
    "Helping out", around here, is often a form of entertainment.

14. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have a Suzuki 140 4 stroke and it will run 40 mph. does it have the back of the cabin enlosure, without it, that would open up alot of space also

15. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    Yep, those are SeaArk Marine. You go direct for them. They also are around $100,000 to start. We, couldn't afford that. LOL... But, wanted that. And they aren't trailer legal. They will build you trailer legal though. Our's have to be trailerable.

And ours has the rear door. We wanted to be able to lock it up. With the gear and electronics in it. Sometimes it sits at shows. Publicity. Our other boats do at least. Always a worry. Although the locks are a joke. LOL

More pics..

Attached Files:

16. 07Fatboy

07Fatboy New Member

State:
    KY
    Wish I could see it. Guess I'll have to come back shortly.