SeaArk Pro-Cat 240 - First Ride Report w/Photos

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Mr.T, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I got a chance to ride in the new SeaArk Pro-Cat 240 today (the first BOC member to do so, I might add, nyah nyah nyah...:wink:) and boy was I impressed!

Steve and I were on the Osage River at Warsaw, MO today, in winds that would make most sensible folks stay home -- 25 to 30mph sustained with gusts well over 40mph -- and the new Pro-Cat handles like a dream. It's easily the most comfortable ride I've ever seen in an aluminum boat. Heavy waves and chop were no match for the boat -- we sliced through them like buttah. My 18ft Xpress side-console would have beaten me to death today and would have been downright unsafe in the conditions we encountered.

The boat handles like nothing I've ever seen -- the hole shot is something you just have to experience. Jam the throttle wide open and the boat just goes -- it doesn't throw the nose high in the air, it just takes off and is almost instantly on plane. The 225 Suzuki really moves the boat with authority and the hydraulic steering is a must-have -- you can turn the boat at full throttle with just one finger on the wheel.

The combination of the ultra-quiet Suzuki and the dual console with walk-through windshield really shined today -- we were coming downriver into the 30 mph wind, wide open throttle doing about 50mph, and were able to carry on a normal conversation. Try that in your typical no-windshield side-console boat - it's impossible. At one point, I stood up just to see what the wind was like above the windshield and it actually took my breath away. That windshield is worth it's weight in gold, no question.

I took upwards of 150 photos of the boat today, lots of static shots and quite a few action shots (Steve left me standing on the dock while he was showing off....) -- I've uploaded about 50 of the best to my website here:

http://www.pbase.com/martyt/pro_cat_240

You can view the boat in far more detail than we've seen up to this point, and the action shots really speak volumes. In particular, be sure to check out the series of "hole shot" photos where the boat is going away from the camera. That demonstrates clearly how the boat behaves when you romp on the throttle. Incredible to say the least.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Some nice pictures there. I think steve could of leaned the boat over a little more the water was not all the way to the lip of the boat.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I know that is one sweet boat, I have planned to buy one within the next year myself.
    Thanks for sharing the pics

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    SU-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!

Dude, that is one nice set up! Anyone know of any banks with really poor security:smile2:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Love them action shots! (Not sure why they put the stunt double in for the photos?)

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    That my fishin hole guys and my boat looks real good there too

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Some great shots there. How big of waves did you get the boat in today?
    Also the Suzuki is a nice quite motor. My 140 is so quite it can not be hear at idle. Also when in it wide open you can talk also at 45+ MPH even with the side console.
    Wish this boat had more storage. Never can have enough.
    Pete

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Based on the page view statistics at my photo website, I can see most of you are looking only at the tiny little pictures -- you're missing out on the details!

The best way to view the photos is to use the "Slideshow" feature --
    http://www.pbase.com/martyt/pro_cat_240&view=slideshow

Or, you can click on any individual picture to see a much larger version of it...

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's a nice boat. What do they have in mind for rod storage? Later Andy

10. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Mr T. I sat in every seat prior to you and I also left you some Twinkies wrappers did you clean them up ..LMAO oh one other thing I left you a full Twinkies in the glove compartment, I hope you got it Steve was going to tell you it was there..LMAO

Nice photos of the boat. :wink:

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thats a great looking boat! Liked the slide show, thanks for posting :cool2:. Now the question thats on everyones mind what is the price tag?

12. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    ive read on another thread its running between 30 and 35K depending on the options that you get with it. i assume they ment w/o any motor thus hanging a 225 off the back would prolly be pushing 50K. i hope they continue to work on and come up with one that the middle class can afford. maybe a 20ft model to cheapen it up some. The features on it are SWEEEEET!!!!! maybe someday i guess. anyone know the price tag on this particular boat to give us an idea?

13. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    What I have been told. The boat runs about $30 to $35k. A lot depends on options and who you buy it from.

To clear things up a little that includes, BOAT, MOTOR ( 225 4-stroke Suzuki ) and TRAILER ( tandem axle with brakes ) 4 CAPTIANS CHAIRS.

PLEASE....Keep in mind I am " NOT " a Dealer so check with your local dealer to be sure.

Thanks...

14. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    thanks steve. in that case there may just be one in my garage sooner than i first expected:wink::big_smile:. it looks like a good solid trailer under the boat as well.

15. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dang Marty, You must have been setting in Steve's driveway Licking you Chops when he first got home from Ky. LOL I can't wait to see it in person and thanks for the slide show you done a great job. Hats off to Steve Brown looks like a Great Set up, When he first stepped into my 20 foot seaark I could tell the wheels in his head were Turning,and gave me some very useful Ideals on setting up my boat to make it a lot more user friendly for Cat fishing.
    Thank you Steve, and thanks again Mr. T for the Pictures.
    Rob

16. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Marty; you did such a great job on the photos, why dont you come by and do some with the enclouser on. I will pay you the same rate as the first photo shoot :big_smile:.

17. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like a GREAT set-up! Thanks for the pictures!

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thanks for the pics marty ,steve has one great cat boat ,man i need to win powerball.:eek:oooh:

19. apache61

apache61 New Member

State:
    GA
    All one can say is LOVE it