Seaark outlaw

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by sds888, Nov 1, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    It has been a while since I have been on here and sure have missed but going through some medical problems but all better now. Now it is time to order a boat. I think I am going Sat. or Mon. to order one and thought I better get yalls opion first. I am looking at the Seaark Outlaw 170. It is a 17 foot boat but that is all I can do and it is an upgrade from my last boat which was a 16 foot boat which was plenty of room for me. I mean I am a small guy and the dog that will be going with me is a moutain cur which is a small dog and that all that would be going. The dealership puts a suski 70 HP four stroke on it. It will be the mossy oak package with snap in carpet ( for the wife if I can ever convince her to go out with me). The dealer stated it would travel about 40-45 MPH. Which I am in no hurry to get anywhere. I would be asking for a trolling motor and fish finder for chirstmas so I am not going to get in to those yet. It will take twevele weeks to get the boat. well what do yall think. Thank you ahead of time for any opion. Here is the web address to the boat:
    http://www.seaarkboats.com/img/boatimg/07728400_1157999034.pdf
    Stephen

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    looks good! i bet it'l fish great. I've heard SeaArks are excellent boats. I am a little curious about the 40-45 MPH though, i think that might be a little on the quick side. My dad has a 17 foot Fisher Aluminum boat with a 40 horse Merc 2-stroke. It'll only run about 28, with just me in there. But i'm sure somebody else can give u better info on that. but overall sounds great! let me know if u ever need another partner, lol

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I see that you are from S.C. My first boat was in the early 50's.I lived on the South bank of Lake Marion,where I-95 crosses.If you plan to fish the lakes of the Santee or any other large lake,I would get a boat that can handle rough water.Also,are you planning on fishing the coast?Patience could be one of your biggest allies this time of year.Impatience could very well be your worst enemy.Every dealer will have boats coming in 12 weeks.It will be the start of a new season.Get on line and find every boat that you think that you might be interested in.Ask their website for a list of dealers within the area that you would be willing to do business with and ask who in that area has the particular model in stock that you might be interested in.Check their prices and reputation for satisfaction.Enjoy it! Do not let a dealer or salesman rush you or you will normally pay for it.Do not let anyone else make your decision.You have to pay for it and you have to live with it."Buying Fever"is the worst enemy of us all in this situation.You are in the Ideal "time"of the whole year to have time to make a decision with the least amount of rush.Only you can give away this advantage to a fast talking sales pitch.Please let us know what you do and how you like your decision.Wishing you the best of luck.peewee-williams

4. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    thanks pewee. I use to live in charleston and if I still lived down there I would be looking for a completely differnt boat because i love shark fishing. I now live in anderson and will be on hartwell. I have looked for a year and a half at boats and have a dealer that is actually willing to sit down with me and take his time with me showing me options and different prices. The other dealers in the area even in GA and NC would not even takl to me on the phone or by email when they heard my buget. The problem with anyone having this boat in stock is that I am getting the mossy oak package. I could go with a different color but no one even has the boat in stock with a different color. I am still considering before I make my final decession. But I fell it getting close. I wanted final reomendations on here before i signed the papers to order it. I have found that this is the best tim of year to buy a boat cause the dealer really needs to sell one this time of year. I appreciate all advise as the only others boats i have owned sank. of course i only bought them for a couple hundered of dollars and this is a big step for me.
    stephen

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Stephen, You would be happy with seaark's quality, I have a seaark 2472 cub and I am real happy with the quality, this time of the year you can get a better price on a in stock boat even if it is not from a local dealer.your boat choice looks great.

6. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    well went to the dealer yesterday to get everything right to order the boat and I saw a mossy oak package in the back and he took me out there and it was amlost the same boat but it was a G3. For four thousand dollars less I think I am going to with it. It only has a fifty hp that will run 35 mph which is good enough for me and it is in stock. I am calling him today and probably going for a test ride first of next week. I will keep yall updated as what happens. Thanks
    Stephen

7. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Schutt;
    I don't know much about small boats but I do think that Brother Williams has a good idea.
    With the power of today's computers along with all the different sporting magazines it pays to Shop "Informed" and "Smart" too!
    The one you posted the specs on looks nice, and truthfully, if someone else was buying one and giving it to me I would NOT turn it down!!
    All I can say is, Be SURE your getting what you want! Because it's YOU that is going to have to live with it and it's YOU that will have to make the payments on it too or at least pay for it! So learn everything you can about what is available in your price range before you decide, that way you won't be sorry later on.
    Hope This Helps.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

8. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    thanks coyote I have taken great consideration into this boat I have looked for a year and a half at different boats at there specs and gone to probably twenty different dealers to see boats. I have also done great research on the internet. But after all that I have found a boat I think will fit all of my needs. But it all comes down to the test drive. I got to see it on the water myself. Which is going to be monday afternoon. I know it wont like my old fiberglass boats but we will see how it does. If it does well and it still fits my needs then I will probably buy it if not the research will start again hopefully not for another year and a half. If anyone on here has a 1756SC G3 please let me know.
    Thanks
    Stephen

9. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    hey stephen,
    i have a 1860 center console g3,with a 90/65 hp yamaha 4 stroke jet drive.i also got the lower unit to run a prop and takes about 30-40 min. to switch out.i seen from your profile you are from south carolina,we just moved from rock hill ,sc to texas back in april.i got my g3 in rock hill from tommy farmer at marine service,and the do custom work on g3's,i know it would be a bit of a ride from anderson,but if you liked the g3 after the test ride,it might be worth your time to take a ride to tommy's...just a thought.the sea ark that you was talking about has a 15 degree mod. v bottom so it will ride just a little better than a g3 in a big chop.but the g3 is not that bad.but i think you will be very happy with it.if you like e-mail me at and i'll send you some pictures of some of the work that tommy did to my boat......sorry for all the jaw-jacking!..good luck to ya and be safe

jerry:smile2:

10. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Thanks crome I will see if I can get down there. My email address is townvilletrapper@hotmail.com would apprecate those pictures.
    Stephen

11. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Also crome I forgot to ask how well does the 65 push the 1860? I would be getting a 50 HP 4 stroke on the 1756. 90% of the time it will just be me on the boat and maybe my dog. we have a combined weight of about 150. But there is always a chance that I could find a fishing partner. How well is it going to push me. I dont need to go fast just a steady pace. The dealer say it would top out at 35 MPH is that with gear and people or without? Thanks
    Stephen

12. badbob46

badbob46 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i used to own an 1860p, with a 40 horse johnson on it, when we first got it, it ran a whopping 28 miles an hour, later i put a stainless prop on it and that messed up the performance at first, the boat had a tendency to porpoise with the motor trimmed all the way down, i would have to make my rider sit in front to put enough weight on the nose to hold it down, later we built a wooden floor into the boat along with wood on the sides and carpeted all of it, that gave it enough weight to allow me to trim out some and get it up to about 32 mph.. i found with that boat the more weight we had in it the better it performed,just dont overload them..