SeaArk Boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by GMC FishHauler, Jul 3, 2007.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
  2. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have a 24 foot SeaArk, center console with a 140hp Suzuki 4 stroke on it and I really like it. Its big enough for about any water you want to fish and its rated commerial so there is no horse power or weight limit on it and they are made of a little heavier material and better constructed then most boats built like them.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I had the pleasure of being on this boat and it is a Great boat!!! I loved it. If I can ever afford it,I'd love to buy one! Overall,its a Big,Versatile,Easy to get around and an AAA+++ on the boat!!!

Fishhook,
    You still have that one for sale? If so,PM me and we'll talk $. I may be interested. Let me know or PM me your # and i'll call you. Its pretty much free for me to call you.
    John

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have a 24' cub series seaark with a 3-degree hull and compared to the other hull designs I have owned I like this boat the best,
    the shorter boats with the 3-degree hulls may have a comfort issue, but I can't say because I have never been in one.
    no mater how your boat is built if you dont pay attention to the condition of the water and how you have your boat trimmed you will take a beating.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

When I was on fishhook's boat it was a great smooth ride. No complaints whatever in anyway!!! :big_smile:
    Even the big wakes weren't too bad!

7. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you go to SeaArk's website the 24' model has a 15 or 18 degree haul, I can't remember. I've been told that it has a nice ride. How do you like having the center console on the 24' model?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John you have a fine boat.What happens when the keys get locked in the pull vehicle. (1) Locksmith, (2) New vehicle, (3) Trade the wife in, (4) Carry spare keys in the boat?????:haha:

9. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    No experience with a *that* particular model, but I have a MV1648 and have No complaints with it.

Jon

10. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    You should take a ride in a 24' SeaArk before you knock it. Everything you've said about it tells me you have never ridden in one or that you're trying to justify whatever it is you own like most people do. I also own a 17' Invader reef runner center console deep V, a 26' Carver cruiser I/O and a 14' flatbottom so I think I know a little about boats. Its like the Ford or Chevy arguement, its called brand loyality, you defend whatever you own because your father or grandfather owned one. I don't try to tell anyone what to buy or not to buy or knock what they own because I personally find fault with it, I only tell people what I own when asked because its a personal choice as what a person likes or dislikes

11. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    That day I was thinking "all the above" but settled for a locksmith.

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I've been in a 24 ft Sea-Ark and I know folks who have them who don't like the ride. I didn't like the ride, won't ride in one again.

And I'm definitely not defending my own boat - it's a nearly-flat-bottom piece of crap like the Sea-Ark. Mine has a 7 degree bottom and it beats me to death in the slightest chop. As soon as I find the right replacement, this one is gone. Sea-Ark won't be the replacement unless the come out with a REAL catfishing boat with a 15 degree hull. As I've said time and again, all their "catfish" boats are nothing more than bass boats with a big livewell. No thanks.

13. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I see you're still not getting it, with SeaArk you have to order what you want, they don't come with a live well until you tell them what size you want along with any other options you want on the boat otherwise you get a bare hull and if you think its a bad ride like the boat you have then why settle for something you don't like rather then get a 15 degree in the first place the same thing for all those folks you know. Everyone I know test drives a boat before buying it and a lot of them own SeaArks in the 16 to 24 foot range. You're the only one I hear knocking the boat based only on its ride. They are one of the best big river catfish boats made, thats why so many folks own them and if you went to some of the bigger catfish tournaments you would see about 90% of the boats there are SeaArk boats so what does that imply about them not being a catfish boat as you say. When I fish big water with a lot of heavy chops as you call them and want to run full speed then I us my Invader Reef Runner center console with a deep V hull, thats what they're built for but you imply that you're a guide with a lot of clients then you should already know that.

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    John, Marty,
    If I may add My two cents. A boats ride is dependent on a number of contributing factors, not just dead rise alone. I've always felt while deadrise is very critical to a smooth ride other factors like length, weight, speed, load proportion and placement, trim setting, and hull material all play a role. I'm sure there are more but that whats on the top of My head right now. Every hull design, material, and deadrise has its advantages and disadvantages.

As for SeaArk, They make a very well built boat and they are one of your best options right now for a catfishing rig. but saying you can get it like you want it.....Well thats only partialy true. SeaArk is not in the custom boat buisness, and the options are limited. You can probibly get close to Your idea of the ultimate catfishing boat, but there will be some comprimise. Thats not all SeaArk's fault, its the boating industries lack of understanding of what the Catfisherman wants and needs. How many $20,000-$30,000 catfishing boats have you seen out there that have been modified or added to???? Most of our boats have one or more modifications, be it a custom rod rack across the back or an additional livewell so it will suit our needs. Bass fishermen can go out and buy a boat perfectly suited to there needs, right now We can not. We drop $30,000 on something We have to make work.

For example...A friend recently bought a 22' SeaArk C.U.B. The biggest livewell he could get was 40 gal. I'm still wondering what the Heck He's gonna do when He puts two 50lb fish in the boat at a tourney, guess He's gonna waste a lot of time running back and forth between the honey hole and the weigh in site. Then again the boat does have a 225HP motor on the back, so I guess not too much time....but then again it only holds 30 gallons of fuel so that becomes an issue at some point. I know how much fuel My 90hp eats...I can only imagine feeding a 225 (problems I'd like to have LOL) Then there is the placement of the consoles, even at the furthest foreward position SeaArk offers there is an awful lot of wasted space ahead of the consoles. Bass guys spend a lot of time on that front deck, catmen do not. I think most of us would agree a smaller front deck with the consoles pushed further foreward freeing up more space in the rear of the boat would be better for us, as this is where all the action takes place in a "real" catfishing boat. I'm not knocking My friends boat as it is much nicer then mine, and I would take it in a heartbeat, but ideally I would want things different. Someday We might be able to buy a boat that is ideal but right now We can't.

15. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    You're absolutely right with your explaination of a boats ride and thats the sole reason Marty was condeming the SeaArk line of boats. I didn't say that SeaArk would custom make a boat for you, you have standard options that you can add to a boat of your chosing as is with most boat companies with the exception of a few new companies coming on line that will make a complete custom boat for you, like the War Eagle boat company, its just a matter of how much you want to spend. Most people that buy factory boats including bass boats will modify them to their person needs or wants, I've owned a number of boats including bass boats and find this to be true. I have four different styles of boats fully equiped for the type of fishing they are designed for, one of which is a 24' SeaArk. You can get SeaArks without the larger front platform or have the console moved closer to the rear if you want as mine is and I have a 60 gal portable livewell on board for those large catfish.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    WOW, I don't know Brad but I have been on Johns 24ft Sea Ark. We didn't experience any huge swells that day and night. But we did have to contend with recreational "waves" and at idle speed or half throttle they seemed like nothing. We did get the boat up to 57mph for a stretch, over said waves and I was personally impressed with the way the boat handled. I have been in countless boats in my fishing years and I can find no fault in that Sea Ark. If Brad wants to yak it up and say they are bad boats I'm here to say that is crap. Maybe he has a better boat, good for him. I'm just saying that Johns Sea Ark was the best "catfishin" boat I've ever been on.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Brad please accept my appology, I got your name mixed up with Marty's.
    then it was too late to EDIT lol.

Marty what kind of boat are you looking for? There aren't any companies out there willing to make boats for us right now, so we just have to make due till they come around.

18. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I think the center console is great, I have another boat a 17' Invader with a center console also and I think its the way to go for about any type of fishing.

19. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    Well boys i think we all can agree that there is no perfect boat that will make all of us happy. However i just got back from Milford lake, KS, we fished in a pretty good chop. The lake was rough enough my trolling motor was popping out of the water when waves passed by. I have had my 1860 VPLD for a few months now and this was the first time i got to run it hard in chop like this. I have to admit I am completly pleased with the ride. i would never go back to a three degree hull. The fifteen degree hull is the only way to go. If you are wanting a higher drier ride by a lund. I would have bought a lund but i live on the mississippi river and i wanted no carpet or vinyl, also my dads lund grounds a lot easier when we use ramps with no docks on the river. The third reason i wanted an aluminium floor is because when i park on sand or even mud, i don't want to have to worry about tracking it in my boat. if i were primarly a lake fisherman with nice boat ramps i would own a lund but i fish the river. some places we put in are just road over the leve. and when the river drops they can be muddy. As others have said the boat you buy will depend on where you fish and just what style of fishing you do. I fish for other species as much as i fish for cats. I need a boat that is multi species. By the way we were fishing for walleye in lake Milford with Crawlers and we were catching catfish. we did manage to find some walleyes.

20. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    guys, i have made my decesion after taking a 22 sea ark out on the water. It was same boat but 2 foot shorter than the one i will be buying as soon as wife gives me the :0a24:thumbs up!
    The boat was smoother than my bass boat and did not have the bone jarring ride i thought it might have. The length of the boat and space available were great. I like the location of the center console since when i go out myself i fish from back of boat and the guages and FF will be mounted there. In front of console there is ALOT of room for one person fishing the deck and one from each side if ancored.