SeaArk boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by joer, Dec 18, 2009.

1. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    I have to remove the rear deck of my boat to access my bilge hose for some repair. I broke off the outer part of the hose fitting. So I have to remove the rear deck to make a repair....anyone ever remove/alter the factory set up on your boat? What should I do or not do?? I have ordered all new factory screws to replace the old ones to ensure a tight fit once I re-assemble.:embarassed:

It's not going to be easy since most likely the back half of my boat will be removed.

What happened is that somehow I broke the plastic fitting on the outside of my boat where my bilge pump dumps the water out of the boat. It still works but it just needs to be trimmed off so it doesnt look like just a hole on the side of my boat.

Any advice? I can post pics to help you see what I'm working on.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Joe are you talking about the floor deck at the stern where fuel tanks an batteries are ,if so .Remove everything out of the stern there are about 18- 20 screws that held that plate down in my 1872 .That piece of decks stopped at the rear edge of back seat .I had to remove mine to access the bilge pump to replace it .Not as bad of a job as i first thought it could be

3. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I removed my rear battery floor several times and after 2-3 times I ended up borrowing a 4 1/2" hole saw and making the holes just above the bildge and water pumps so that I can get to them without pulling out all the gear and stuff again, It sure does work out good when there is a clog to get clear when yer out on the water.
    I highly recomend doing it!!

4. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    That's the exact spot. My boat is a 1760 but the bilge, batterys and fuel cell are all under the rear deck of the boat. It appears to have 2 small weld spots at the transom....figured I can grind it off.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very interesting thread here! Recommended to those that own one.

6. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    The rear deck that is over that area on my boat flips up ,i,m talking about the decking in the floor there were no welds on mine just screws

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I have a factory access panel on my SeaArk with about 8 screws that gains me access to the pumps etc.

If all you broke was the discharge fitting you don't need to access under the floor to fix that. Maybe I am confused.

8. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Skip...it's the rear deck. Under it are the battery's, fuel cell and bilge pump. It is elevated above the floor.

It appears that I will have to cut an 'access panel' somewhere in the splash well...if that's what you call it. SeaArk put a trim piece over the edges of my deck and will have to be cut out....not going to do that.:angry:
    But first....

I am going to try to pull the fitting out of the discharge hole and try to use some of the threads that appear to still be on the fitting. I may be able to screw in a new 'cap' on the outside of the boat to secure the fitting inside the boat. Below is a pic of the piece that I broke and for now it appears that I only have access through the 1 inch hole on the side of the boat.
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...01_8029_225003000_225000000_225003000_225-3-0

Thanks for all the advice!!!

9. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I can access that fitting on my boat????? Can't believe they made it inaccessible, that sucks. Post some pics of what you end up doing.

10. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Will do! Thanks again.

11. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Same here with mine. Flip up lid. then you can unscrew the floor plate to acess the bilge pump and live well pumps.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Same here also!:smile2: Flip up lid, access panels to bilge.

13. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Joe; go to my albums ;under rod holders there are a couple pic of my boat with the flipp up lid

14. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Dickie I wish mine had that access! As it turns out I got lucky:roll_eyes:. Sorry I didn't take any pics..but I was able to work like a skilled surgeon through the 1 inch discharge hole on the side of my boat.

Ok, when the fitting is installed there is a screw-on platic piece on the inside of the boat and one on the outside that trim out the discharge hole so it looks neat and smooth and also secures the discharge hose to the exit hole out of the boat.

I used a screwdriver to hold the fitting inside the boat and moved it over so I could drill a small hole on the inside 'washer'. So then I took another screwdriver and stuck it in the hole I drilled and backed the 'washer' to expose more of the fitting! Thats it....I got lucky.

Again sorry I didn't take any pics and I hope this makes sense. If I ever have to access that area again I will have to make an access panel:eek:oooh:.

Thanks for all your help!

15. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Here is the broken bilge discharge. See previous post for repair.

Attached Files: