SeaArk 1860 VPLD

Discussion in 'Boating' started by duck_killr, Mar 28, 2007.

1. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    HEY, Im gonna get my 75 e-tec switched over to a new SeaArk this week, i have a tracker 1860 right now, it was an ok boat. i am buying the Ark because it is supposed to be the cats azz. it has the 15 degree hull and .125 floor. They say the transom in the SeaArk is tough. i hit a log in my tracker two years ago and pulled it loose. SeaArk guys let me know hou you like your boats. i cant wait to get mine.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Post some pictures when you get it. I hope you catch a lot fish with it.:smile2:

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Not to rain on your parade, but I have a 1652 tunnel, and I'm not terribly impressed...design and execution are, in a word, crude.

It's nearly 10 years old, though, and probably not a reliable barometer of present day SeaArk quality.

4. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I like my 1652 tunnel it is built a lot better than my old polarcraft.And the transom on it is built real tuff also .Mine is a 2000 model and it is pretty stout from the rear to the front thats just my opinion.

5. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I have a 2006 1860 vpld and really like it. I have a couple of complaints though. I wish it had a belly tank because at optimal trim with no one in the front of the boat it really porpises (sp?) Also, unless you got it with the bench seat storage , there is very little. Other than that, I love it. Man that 75 e-tec ought to make her fly. Mine does really good with a '92 evinrude 70 hp. The 15 degree hull is what makes the boat in my opinion. I can fly through chop that would kill me in my dad's flat bottom!

6. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    I bought a 2006 20ft Sea Ark Classic with a 15 degree hull and have been very happy with it. I have a 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke engine and it will do around 35mph. If I had to fault the boat it would be the paint. I have some areas where the paint has flaked off and the deck has lost paint in places with 4 months use. The nose will bounce if you don't have it trimned properly but once trimned it is fine. It handles rough water great and the transom is so heavy a trolling motor isn't large enough to clamp over it. Best of luck with your boat.

7. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I bought a 20' Sea Ark in 2002 traded it in this year for another 20' Sea Ark this time a Striper 200 model for the center console and 30 gal. shad well. I have had absolutely no problems with either, have done alot of search and rescue with the first one. Good luck i'm sure you will like the Sea Ark.

8. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I bought my first new boat back in Jan. It's a SeaAardvark too MV1648 with a 30 hp ,Suzuki, 4 stroke, tiller steer. Thus far, no complaints. It floats, the motor starts up when I want it to (more than I could say for my last boat motor), life is good:smile2: . There's been a bit of a learning curve for me regarding the tiller steer and weight distribution with me sitting so far in the back of the boat.

Jon

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    How has this boat held up for you? I keep looking for an old beat up one that I can tear apart and make a tiller boat out of. But there hard to find.
    PEte

10. thunder47

thunder47 New Member

State:
    Pleasant HillMO
    I have a 2072 river cat. I put Cat D8 dozer decals on it after i hit a stump at about 40mph. Did nothing but hurt my ego. Have used it to break ice in the winter, plow through the drift wood that accumulates in coves during high water, and regularly beach it on the rocks at Truman Lake. There is not a single dent in the bottom of it. With low fuel and empty baitwell and live well it will run 50mph trimmed out. It has outperformed every expectation I have ever had for a boat. Only one complaint, mine is not "rinolined" or anything on the inside and the sheet metal gets really hot on summer days, even with the bimini up.

Attached Files:

11. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    Not unless you have a 150hp on it.

12. thunder47

thunder47 New Member

State:
    Pleasant HillMO
    115 and that is what the GPS said, 49.7. If the GPS is not accurate, I stand corrected. With all tanks full it reads 38.6 max.