Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which one is better the sea striker slide that opens up by twisting it then closes by twisting the lock in place or the newest rig rap ez sinker slide that you weave on your line ?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I’ve never had any issues with the sea striker, but I only fish lakes and very small rivers.

Are the rig rap slides available to buy now? I keep looking and the website always says available for pre order.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,278 Posts
I know the #6 braid friendly Sea Striker sinker slides don't work without bending the wire with 1 and 2 ounce bank sinkers. The Rig Rap slides look like the wire is not bent as much.

·
Registered
905 Posts
All of these quick attach sinker slides are going to be a fad imo.

Basic bass pro sinker slides, $1.50 for 10 have worked well for me. I dont fish gigantic bank sinkers, so no need for a mega snap.

·
Banned
297 Posts
I use the blue "braid friendly" sea strikers.

I have "heard" the EZ will come open and you lose your sinker and the slider.

Don't know.

I don't need the EZ function anyway. If I need to switch to a 3 way rig or a float rig, I re-tie. If I want to sling lures, I have other rods for that.

The blue ones work fine and I see no reason to explore new options unless they are a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I decided to revisit the "EZ" style of sinker slides for the purpose of adding a bobber to my bottom rig. I'm currently using the Muddy River bobber, but this concept could be applied to a balloon or any style of bobber that clips on. I've attached a pic of the rig I'm trying. Kind of hard to see the slide, but it's attached to the bobber, it's the Whisker Seeker brand slide. I can take it on or off as I need.

I'm a big fan of simplicity so I like to take one, maybe two rods and if they are both rigged the same I can try that or add a bobber to one and keep the other for bottom all without having to retie a rig.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard that the slides come open as well but I also read that you want to face the lock mechanism on the bottom towards the rig instead. The top and I wonder if all the negative reviews for it are people who put the lock mechanism on top instead of the bottom and that's the reason it comes open on them considering I cast my pole in the back yard and it never come s off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts