sea sick??

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by ko1featherweigh, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ko1featherweigh

ko1featherweigh New Member

State:
    newark,cal
    it seems like ever time i go out in to the bay on a boat i end up getting sea sick and puking and that ruins my day of fishing. i was jsut wondering how u guys stay away from getting seasick?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sad but true I just don't go. LOL! I've tried everything from drugs to patches even an exorcism LOL and nothin worked for me.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Try 7 days on a troop ship through the North Atlantic in Feb. 3000 GI's puking there guts out all over the ship. Myself and just a few others maintained.

Came close to loosing it when one of em puked on my leg. Lucky for him, I hadn't recently eaten.

It just never happened to me.

Ya'll enjoy your breakfast:lol:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Some people are more prone to becoming sea-sick than others for some reason. I've only been that way once, and that after consuming quite a bit of alcohol the night before, and the wind was blowing fumes from the outboard into my face as we trolled. :eek:oooh: It is a miserable sickness, that's for sure.
    I always try to eat at least a light meal, never go on an empty stomach. Of course, there are remedies such as dramamine, available over-the-counter. If you start feeling sick, it helps a little to get as low in the boat as possible, or lie down.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good Morning, Just As Tommy Said, Dramamine Or They Sell These Little Bracelets @ The Drug Store, That I Have Heard Others Say Work. I Don't Get Sea Sick So I'll Take Their Word For It.

Another Bit Of Advice, Try To Focus On The Horizon & Don't Sit @ The Very Back Of The Boat Especially If It Is Diesel Driven

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have tried it all! Darmine makes me tired and I still have the head ache. I was diving in the Fl. Keys in 8' seas at 50' and was still puking. Flying is just as fun too!
    Bill

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Most of the offshore big game captains will tell you to eat a normal breakfast.
    Dont gorge and dont go on empty.
    Dont bother taking Dramamine the day of the trip. It's a waste.
    If you are going to take Dramamine start taking it a few days in advance.

I've come close myself but never lost it.
    When you get out of sight of land the water will mesmerize you.
    Stay busy doing something and dont focus your eyes on one spot long at a time.
    In other words dont sit and watch the waves or your goose is cooked.

8. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Try Bonine instead of Dramamine. Doesn't have the drowsy side affect like Dramamine. Also like Mark J said start taking it well ahead of time. I buy plenty for my offshore trips. It's a small investment for a good time. I usually start taking it about 12 hours before I go, and it seems to be enough. After the first one, I take another about every 2.5 - 3 hours. Works great for me. I take Dramamine, but I've never had any problem with it making me drowsy.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I had A charter boat captain tell me its what and when drinking the night before big problems:tounge_out:

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I remember a elderly lady who was a regular on the Panama City party boats.She always swore by frozen Strawberries.She claimed that was the only thing that tasted close to the same coming up as going down.She had a lot of people eating them.They all claimed that it worked.

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Try eating saltine crakers, it worked for me when i was in the navy, seemed to settle my stomache. Whatever you do dont over eat.

12. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have been out twice and both times, I really sleepy. So sleepy I had to lay my head down never to get up and fish any more. I have never puked, but I sure felt drunk.

13. ko1featherweigh

ko1featherweigh New Member

State:
    newark,cal
    thank guys have any of you tryed ginger i was reading some where that ginger is sapose to help and they said that the saltine crakers are sapose to help to ill have to try those next trip