sea nymph boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by brownie525, Jul 16, 2009.

1. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I'm looking for a new boat for cattin I found a 19 sea nymph that looks like it would fit the bill quite nicely. Anyone have any experience with sea nymph's? any quality issues? How do they hold up? I'm not sure about the year i would say late 80"s early 90's.
    Any help is appreciated :cool2:

2. fishinnut

fishinnut New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Mike, I have a '86, 16.5 ' fishing machine that can handle just about anything, plenty of room, handles rough water with no problem, and floats in about 5-6" of water, runs about 28 mph with 3 men, with a 40hp Nissan. Never had any leaks although las tyear I had to replace the wood in the transom, and that was actually quite easy. A fine boat.

3. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    THey are made by Lowe and they are good boats. I've had lowe big jon's 16', Lowe Roughnecks and I owned a Lowe 180 WDC all welded aluminum bass boat too. All of them were well built boats and you can't go wrong. I believe they are now a division of Mercury but I'm not so sure about that. Hope this helps ya.

4. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I had the same boat as fishinnut. The v bottom really helped in rougher water. Overall a great boat however I sold it and bought a stick steering tracker panfish and I love a stick steering boat. More room, fun to drive. People say they are confusing to drive but I guess I was a quick to pick it up.

I have grown to love a boat you sit in not on. That sea nymph had alot of low area but it still had front and back decks that makes the rod holder at your feet. Not a big deal, Im just lazy and like to prop my feet up i guess.

If its in your budget and runs well you will like it and will resale easy. Mine was gone the same day I listed it on craigslist. It brought 3000.00 with a 50hp johnson. It was 1990 model

5. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    mine is a bit older than that but she doesnt leak a drop of water. with 3 guys in it (700# worth) she sat up high enough not to take water in the back. mine has been gutted long before i got her but i have a wide flat deck that runs the entire length of the boat. tons of room to fish. it really is a great boat. i too had to throw a new transom in it. other than that she was a great deal

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  6. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
  7. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    That would make one nice cattin boat. It's wide open in the rear and on the sides for drifting and anchor fishing . As long as it runs good and don't leak--I'd say BUY IT.:cool2::cool2:

8. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    yup im thinkin with a few mods it could be made into a great cat boat still have to talk to the guys so we will see what happens!:cool2:

9. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

saw this boat and i was envious....my buddy has the same boat and its a great...i mean great cat boat. If you want tips on the mods talk to him, literally its the exact same model, color etc. talk to BOC member T Bull. I have the same boat pretty much just two ft shorter and not as wide. :confused2:

10. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    My first boat was a sea nymph,1442 with 15 evinrude excellent boat. I wish I had never sold it. I think it was a better boat than the 1448 lowe I have now.

11. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    Thanks for the info im going to have to send tbull a message to see how he likes the boat. I think i am going to go for it, not on the peticular boat i posted but on just like it.

12. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
  13. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks like it would make a great cat boat. Price seems fair. I've got an '83 16ft Sea Nymph. These boat have great layouts for catfishermen. That is, it's pretty much wide open. I like that you can walk right back to the motor and transom. I hate having a bench or deck at the back. Having the floor run all the way back to the transom is hard to find in a boat.
    If this boat was closer to me, I'd buy it. It's comparable to the PolarKraft Outlander I've been eye-balling. Only the Sea Nymph is about 24,000 less. If your in the market for a good cat boat, I'd say you found it! Good luck.