Sea Lion Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by germanmudfish, Jun 2, 2008.

1. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Thinking of putting a Sea Lion reel on a CatMaxx. Please any and all feedback will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:cool2:

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a older model sealine reel. Works great. I mostly use it for flatheads. Thier pretty tough reels. The reel don't cast the best. But for the size it's really not made for that. Diawa does make some great casting reels. The Diawa X-30 reels will throw a country mile. Thier made for surf fishing.

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Thanks for taking the time.:big_smile:

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I had one of the Daiwa Sealine Firewolf reels, with levelwind and star drag. I can't remember which model it was, it had a couple of bearings, instant anti-reverse, and held 180 yds of 20lb test. It had a good stiff clicker on it as well.

I had it on a cheaper 9ft medium action rod with 20lb test, and I could get a 60-70yd cast out of it with a 3oz sinker. It would have done better with a quality rod, I'm sure. The rod that I had was pretty flexible and a little lacking in backbone, both for casting and fighting fish. It was a nice enough reel, only reason I sold it is that I bought a couple of reels with lever drags.