sea foam

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by flatheadslayer, Oct 16, 2009.

1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    what is sea foam and where do you get it?i've heard alot of people talking about it but i've never seen it.:0a14:

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    I usually buy it at Wal-Mart, but can also get at at any auto parts store.
    White can with red lettering. Good stuff!!!!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Any auto parts store. Buy it by the gallon and it is a lot cheaper. Use it in all my gas engines.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ive seen it pretty much anywhere boat accesories are sold including wal mart

5. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    it is an additive you can put in feul oil or transmission. it work great to loosen stuck valves soften seals and rubber and adds to the lubrication. i buy it at any auto parts store. try it you'll like it.

6. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Does seafoam clean or can you use it with stabil?

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Eddie Seafoam is one of the best if not the best fuel system cleaners on the market to day.

8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I get mine from the local napa auto parts in town.I still like to use the stabil ethanol treatment with it in my outboard.You can use them together as they are for differant things.I use the seafoam in everything from diesel tractors to my tiller.It realy does make a differance.

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Seafoam also cleans the water out of your fueld. like u got condensation in it, seafoam will evaporate that water so ur engine runs smoothly. someone put about 8 gallons of water in my wifes car a few months back...and after i drained the tank it took about five cans of seafoam but i got her running again. and the same way with my boat...my boat was running like crap. put two cans of seam foam in the fuel...ran like it was brand new.....

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sea foam is the greatest fuel treatment that I have used. I even use it in my diesel motors. It works wonders.
    Tom

11. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Does a really awesome job of decarbing engines too. Seen it fix more than one automobile that was running rough, just by putting it thru the vaccuum booster line