sea foam

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catfishbill33, Aug 5, 2009.

1. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    can you put sea foam in your gas without mixing it when you fuel.I have almost a full tank of gas [appx 10 gls]and wanted to know.
    thanks in advance

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    It will mix in going down the road.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes, you can add it when you want but follow the directions on the can for the amount used. A full can of seafoam should equal about 20 gal tank.

4. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I have done both add it before and after one of those oh crap moments afterward with no problems. The important thing is that you are using it.

Willard sold me on that stuff like a junky on crack after it cured some resperatory problems with an old 18 horse at a gathering. Willard saved the gathering for me.

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Oh no what am i not doing? What is this sea foam used for?

6. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
  7. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    You can do a Google search for Sea Foam Motor Treatment.

Sea Foam goes in everything I have, all year long!
    I had a local parts store bring in a case for me and now they sell lots of it.

8. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
  9. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Sea fome is nothing more than a $0.89 can of alcohol,, with a HUGE market in advertisement = $7.99 for 16 oz

in the mid 1800s it would be sold as " all purpose cure all elixer"
    salesmen clame it would cure almost ANY ailment that you may have,,

there is no such thing as a "mechanic in a can"

BUT , It makes folks feel good when they use it:big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Use it before you condemn it. If you knew what it would and can do then you wouldn't run it down like that. I don't go around looking for a tech in a can I look for good usable products and I highly recommend Sea foam and I also have tried the new marine stay-bil and it does well also for this new gas we are forced to use.
    When you said this Sea foam is nothing more than a $0.89 can of alcohol,, with a HUGE market in advertisement = $7.99 for 16 oz

You had to be talking out of the side of your mouth because you sure don't have any facts to prove otherwise.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sea foam is the stuff.:wink: It's in everything i run or drive. Trucks, boats, mowers, saw's etc..... Cheap insurance.

12. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    John Deere Technician got me started on Sea Foam many years ago, had a injector not working at idle - (had been acting up for years),put in some Sea Foam and with in 30 minutes it idled great.
    First thing I do when someone has a problem is to dump in a can.
    It's straightened up a lot of Vehicle's and Boats not running right in my area.

13. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    many thanks to all you that have commented on the article.If buba sez its good i'll settle for that.He has helped me before just by asking and again he is out there helping.....thanks again

bubba if you ever come up to clarksville let me know and we will go out some early morning.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  14. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso

some times I tend to speek my mind when I should'nt:wink:

15. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Jeremy,
    Nothing wrong with anyones opinion but its also good to listen.I have learned for the past 70 yrs that I have learned more by listening that speaking.Some time I speak to soon
    Have a good and blessed day

16. JUG_LINE

JUG_LINE New Member

State:
    NE Oklahoma
  17. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Rodney,
    Thanks for the video thats quit interesting to watch.It makes me feel much better since I saw the video

18. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a 120 hp Johnson 4 cyclinder. It idles terrible. Do you all think this sea foam will help. It seems to run pretty good at high rpms. it's a1987

19. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment/index.html Sea Foam is the stuff. I swear by using this product!! My father used this for years in his tractors and combine as a fuel stabilizer and moisture inhibitor. I use it when winterizing my boat. I'll add one can to the boat before storing it during the winter. 1 can treats around 20 gals of fuel. Good stuff and a great investment for saving your engine and other components!!

20. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Phillip!! Sounds like you're having the same experience I had this fishing season with my boat. I added some Sea Foam to my boat gas and it helps somewhat.

question? are you using gas with 10% ethanol? if you are, please stop!! I would recommend using 90% octane, so the gas burns cleaner. That added water to make the ethanol can make the boat run rough at slow idle speeds. I don't think there's a boat engine made to run on strict ethanol enriched fuel. I made that mistake, before making the switch to better octane fuel!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009