Sea foam

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Cutbait101, May 17, 2009.

1. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    it will not hurt but it is a little overkill,i run it in my suzuki 140 twice a year to clean it out,i also power tune it before i change the spark plugs.because the power tune will foul the plugs sometimes.and i always run starbite for the ethonol.hope this helps

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i run mid grade in my motor,thats what suzuki recomends.starbrite helps neautralize the ethonol in your gas so it does not break your fuel lines down.

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    that was a typo it is starbrite,i will get the exact name of of the product that is made by starbrite

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I use the SeaFoam fuel treatment in my outboard on a regular basis, but not on every refill, maybe every 3 tanks. I also use it regularly in my vehicles and atv. SeaFoam is not a cure-all for a lack of regular/preventive maintenance; but a part of an on-going process to prevent buildup of carbon and keep the fuel system clean. Once damage is done to the fuel system, a carb cleaning may be the only solution.
    In addition to the SeaFoam, I use either Startron Enzyme fuel treatment or Stabil Marine formula.. Either one is designed for use with ethanol fuels and seem to do a good job. I use these products every time I fill the boat tanks. :big_smile:

5. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks tommy,star tron is the name of the product made by starbrite.just walked out to the boat to make sure,thanks again

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I would recommend reading your owners manual for the grade of gasoline required.Most outboards run on reg or midgrade.No sense paying for something the engine isnt using.Regardless of fuel I also recommend a fuel treatment such as PRI-G or STABIL with EVERY fill-up.This will also help prevent carbon buildup.SEA FOAM is good but remember that its basic ingredient is NAPTHA and light oil.This might not be recommended for injected engines although it seems to be fine in carbs.Some new engines have injectors that are coated to prevent carbon buildup so you have to be careful you dont remove the coating.Try and run gas without ethanol if you can find it.STAR TRON is a very good treatment for fuel that helps negate the effects of ethanol.Good maint :big_smile::wink::smile2: = good running which = good fishing.Notice I didnt say good catching.!!!!!!