sea foam are 2 cycle oil

Discussion in 'Boating' started by cliff n york, Mar 11, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    if i use sea foam do i have to are need to use sta bil are 2 cycle oil

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Sea Foam will do the same as Sta-Bil and alot more. It will stabilize fuel and it will also clean your fuel system. That's why I use it instead of "that other stuff"! LOL

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Always use your proper amount of outboard 2 cycle oil with any kind of treatment you use.

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    if i want to really clean out the carps etc. do you use abit of extra sea foam on the first application? maybe pour some right in the carb?

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have been known to drain the carbs and take the line loose at the pump and take a syringe and force enough seafoam into the carbs to fill them up and let soak a few hours and then take them to the river and run them like I jut stole them.:big_smile:

6. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Bigbb listen to bubbacat,hes the man..

7. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    "run them like I just stole them" lol.. sounds like sound advice.. i'll give it a go. thanks

8. Catfishrob

Catfishrob New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    SEAFOAM is the boat dealers worst nightmare. (A boat motor mechanic told me) Use it regularly as per the instructions on the can, and use oil mix as directed and kiss those expensive dealer carb jobs goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes that expensive gas last without spoiling......

Bubbakats procedure sounds like a winner too!!!!!

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've had some heavy carbon buildup in my engine which resulted in some loss in compression in my older engine. Sea Foam also makes a product called DEEP CREEP which is in aerosol can. You can spray it directly into the carbs but boat mechanic friend told me of another option. Take your boat out on the water and get it up warmed up real good. Then pull the plugs while on the water and spray that deep creep in each cylinder for 10 seconds or so. Then let it sit for a good 15 to 30 minutes, install the plugs back in and as Willard says "run it like you stole it". That engine will be blowing out a ton of white smoke but it really helps burn off that carbon buildup. I got another 8 psi in my motor by doing this twice and also spraying into the carbs also.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Chris if you will warm that engine up on muffs on land and then take the plugs out and fill each hole up with regular sea foam and the let it set for about 2 hours and take it to the river or lake and run the dog out of it for about 15 to 20 min it will clean 80% of the carbon out of it the first go around.

11. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like you have gotten some GREAT help here already! I treat every tank full with Seafoam and havent had ANY problems!:wink:

12. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Willard is the man on outboards. Two years ago I had a boat at the Chattanooga gathering belonging to a friend. The older 18 hp Evinrude had sever upper respritory problem and would just cut out when going down the lake. Willard and I did some minor surgery at the shore, but he told me to pick up some seafoam and add a can and a half to the gas tank. He then said run the carb empty and then put the fuel hose into the other half can and pump the carb bowl full. I then cranked the engine over a few times and left it for the night. The next day I pumped up the fuel bulb till solid cranked the motor up and ran it like Willard said drive it like you stole it.

When I returned the boat to my friend he could not believe how smooth it idled and the difference in how the motor performed. Others have benefited from Willards knowledge, and anything Willard tells you is straight up and will work.

Thanks again Willard

13. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I have learned some valuable info today. You guys are awesome! And that's why I love the BOC!

14. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Ron you are welcome and nice of you to give the positive feed back on the BOC. I'm glad that knowledge was gained, but it usually is with some of the most knowledgable people that are on here.

I have made nothing but friends here which is a lot different from a lot of the other places on the WEB. I used to do chatt rooms, but have not been to one in a long time as most of the chatters are younger and just looking to start something with anyone. I don't think I have ever even had a disagreement with anyone here. Willard will steer you right brother you can count on it. I thought I was going to barrow a boat again and Willard was going to help me get it into shape. I don't have to now, but he would be there if i needed him in a minute. Willard and Donna are good caring and sharing people.

15. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    i can't remember if i found this little piece of advice in the BOC somewhere or else where.....but what i did was take a can of sea foam and added it to one gallon of gas in a one gallon container. i put my fuel intake in there, started the motor and alternated running my motor for 10-15 minutes at a time in the mid RPM range and letting it sit turned off for 10-15 minutes. i alternated 3-4 times and with whatever was left i poored into the big tank. good way to decarb an engine.

16. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I have a 1988 Isuzu pickup that was running a little rough. I don't drive it much as it is mostly used as a camper. I added a full can of seafoam to a half tank of gas and then drove it for a couple of days and then let it sit for a month or so. When I took it back out the miss was significantly less and after another tank of gas it idles smooth. Willard helped me and for that I thank him. I will run seafoam in everything I own from now on.