sea cat challenge

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 11, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    check out the B.O.C. diner. i did the article on sea cats and tase v.s illinois channelcats. it is posted in the diner area for all you saltwater fisherman. it was fun and some intresting results. for those who havent ate hardhead due to rumers. WOW! send em to me. smoked fried or baked they were better than channels.:wink:

heres the link. check it out. did an experiment. the fella whom did the tasting with me wasnt told which was wich till we were all finished and judged. nor did he know my results either till done. we were very close. so it wasnt a failure. i think from two fellas that never had either we did a pretty accurate test run.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77745

2. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thank you Chef Jeremy. You did a real nice job of comparing catfish species. I hope the membership appreciates your work, I know they will be more interested in fishing for seacatfishes now that they know they are delicious! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    great post, I've caught numerous hardheads and never kept them. Next time I will. I've caught and kept a lot of gaftopsail's and eaten 'em. delicous!!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    glad to see another post here. this was a great deal that the internet highway has allowed two fellas to enjoy. im waiting for the post on how he likes the fresh rabbit ill be sending him in a couple months:wink:.

5. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Yeah, my mouth is watering thinking about that young rabbit. I`m sure Sally will have to tell Seacatwomangirl we are eating some storebought meat, she sure would pitch a fit about eating bunnies.:big_smile: