Sea Ark vs Xpress vs Tracker vs Ellington Mo jet

Discussion in 'Boating' started by loanwizard, Oct 9, 2006.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My wife has given me the OK Yippeee!! to look for the rig I want. I have narrowed it down to a 2072SC. I looked at the Sea Ark in Troy Mo. this weekend as well as the Tracker Grizzly at Bass Pro in St Louis. There also is a custom Manufacturer in Ellington MO. (Since 97) and then to throw a wrench in the works a friend has a real nice Xpress. As of right now I like the Sea Ark. I am going to equip it with a large Jet.

Mercury isn't making a jet with the new laws but I can get aftermarket. Yamaha make a 115/80 jet but if I am going to spend $10,000.00 on an engine I'd like to know what I am getting.

Anyone got one of these big rigs that can shed some light on my "problem"?

Shiloh Red? Catfish exterminator? Any of you guys fron NG1?

Basic needs are size, speed, ability to go shallow (8-10 inches) durability, ease of cleaning, can launch and load just me myself and I.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

PS. St Louis Missouri is a nice town.

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Man, Shawn. Pulling that behind your motorcycle might be tricky!! LOL
    I guess that means you'll be fishing instead of singing!
    Congrats, buddy!! I got dibs on a ride at NG2.

3. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Well, I reckon with that I'll bring a truck. We'll just sing on the boat or I'll fish daytime. :big_smile:

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I can speak only for the Xpress.I have the VX17DB duckboat.Its 17' ,but is as wide as G3's 18 footer(76" beam).It can handle slim water & rides smooth.The sprayed in liner is awesome,it stays cool & cleans easy and keeps gear from sliding around.They also sit on Backtrack trailers w/ 14" tires which make towing smoother.---As far as big boats 20+,I like the layout of the SeaArks.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm also in the looking stages for a new rig. I would like to see some prices that are being given for these boats. I really like the Lund's but they are just out of my price range but if I had $43000 extra laying around thats what I would buy. Even the cheap end on a lund was $17000.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Johnny, you seriously need to check out the seaarks, here is one that I like the looks ofRivercat(CC)

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've been looking at the Seark's also. I like the river cat classic with the center console I just have'nt been able to get a $'s price.

8. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Shawn, have you checked out a War Eagle? That is what my next boat will be. The SeaArks are nice though.

9. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I just looked at a 2006 War Eagle w/ a 150 Merc jet. It's at $15,000.00 w/ no bids.

A 2072 Sea Ark SC with a 115 Yamaha with a jet pump marginally equipped is $18,126.00 Fully equipped (40 gal livewell, 30 gal fuel tank, folding seats, storage, flotation pods, 8 ft rod locker, approx $21,171.00) witha a 150 merc optimax prop add $1700.00 aftermarket jet for merc approx $1800.00

Obviously, I am leaning this way over a Tracker Grizzly.

But, I have to get rid of my 16' Landau w a 40 jet, AND my 28 pontoon with the 90 Mariner tower of power first.... imagine that! :embarassed: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :lol:

10. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    For the money you can't beat a SeaArk. I have a CC Rivercat Classic on order. Look at all the options you get for $20K compared to what you get for an Xpress and it is a no brainer. SeaArk has the thickest floors around. Shop around! The price difference is dramatic. Good Luck!

11. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Shawn,
    I bought my boat at Cooks, in Troy, Mo. It is a Sea Ark 1860 vpld. A couple things you may want to consider. 1) CC vs SC. Personally I like a side console, BUT, when I am by myself it really stinks! I have a pet peeve with a boat listing to one side. I have my fuel tank on the other side to try to counter this, but it doesn't fix the problem. With a CC you won't have that problem. 2) You might want to consider the 15 degree hull. Mine is the best riding jon I have ever been in. I thought this might kill my ability to run shallow water, but I was in a slew a while back and my fish finder said .9 ft. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but 9" with a 70 horse on the back is not bad. Check out the new Sea Ark RiverCat - V. If I can ever afford a new jon, this is the one! I am truely impressed with my Sea Ark.

Jim

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If your looking for a jet drive boat I would consider the new Seaark alaskan predator. It has a inboard mercruiser sport jet 200 hp motor. It comes in a 20' or you can get it in a 22.5' length. I have been looking at this rig pretty hard myself...
    Also another option is a River Pro boat. They have the inboard mercruiser jet in 150 or 175 hp? My fishing partner Primitivefrn has one and it is a Great boat. We go places on the river no out board would dream of going.
    Good luck with what ever you decide......

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    stupid question for ya'll.

How do you think a SeaArk would do pullin a tube?

14. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    A Sea Ark would pull a tube just fine.

I like the inboard jet pumps, but am afraid of what may happen if I get her off plane. I know it's stupid, but I think I might rather wrestle with an outboard than try to clear the intak on the pump. I also don't like the room in the back those jets take up. Thank you for the input and maybe I'll take another look. Bass Pro doesn't make them anymore and i haven't found a river pro to look at. These things look so different in person.

MoMudCat, How is Cooks to deal with. I spoke to Sean Hanley (phone) drove 8 hours from Ohio to see his inventory, and then spoke to him on the phone about pricing this morning. (Actually we were in town to watch the Cards, and I got to kill 2 birds with one stone) I have to have a jet, and it won't work on the 15 degree according to Sean, who seems VERY knowlegeable.
    I only weigh 185 and my 16 footer doesn't tilt to the side with my SC. With the heft of that 2072 I would bet I couldn't tip it with my scrawny little um... you get the picture. Do you need the flotation pods? They look like they would help keep it shallow but they are $340.00

Thanks EVERYONE for your input. I'll have some dreams this Christmas!

15. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I'm not trying to kick a dead horse here but if money's no object. Get the Sea Ark for sure! I wasn't aware that Merc wasn't making jets anymore. Did you get that from a dealer. I mean a jet is just a different leg put onto the motor right??? I thought they were just an accessory.

16. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Shawn have you checked out the 2474MV seaArc that has the car in it,it is huge lol

17. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Tony, that is what I wanted but 15 degree of v doesn't do well with the jet.

Duxrus, I got that information at Bass Pro Shop and Cooks in Troy MO. Mercury is not manufacturing one YET because of the 2 stroke 4 stroke stuff going on. Yamaha has one up to the 115 HP.

You can treat them as an accessory. There is a jet lower unit manufacturer out of San Leandro California. I have one on my 87 40hp evinrude. I do not know how interchangeable they are but would REALLY be interested as to the ins and outs to changing them whether it is worth the effort. My main river I need the jet, but everywhere else I can use the prop and face it, the prob is faster and I am a speed freak! :embarassed: :big_smile:

18. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Now you have seen my boat. And Yes I do like it a lot. But If Sea-Ark had the 15 degree hull when I bought. i would have went with the Sea-ark.
    But the War-Eagle is a Nice boat.
    But the Sea-ark has a thicker Hull and floor in it.
    Also better warranty. I just don't See were you could go wrong with it.
    But make sure to ride in the boats and get a feel for them. Also the 15 degree hull will ride good.
    Mine with the 12 degree hull rides good. But not as good as the 15 degree sea-ark. Or should not anyway.,

AS for motors. Theres noting wrong with Yamaha. Can't beat them. but I do like my Suzuki 140.
    Pete

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.

20. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I looked at all the different boat manufactureres before I bought one and hands down it was the Seaark. I've got a 2472mv with a 90hp honda and it fits me to a tee. They have all the goodies and additions you need and the .125 hull really sold me. There is a guy in Tennessee who will make you one if you've got the money. I think he uses .200 thick hull material and they are nice boats and he will put on it what ever you want.