Sea-ark V-Cat - Catfishing Boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by shingman6, Feb 25, 2008.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    Does anyone have the v-cat 200 cc model and how do you like it?

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    There are a lot of Sea ARK owners on here. Hopefully your can get the answerers you are looking for. What would you like to know about that model? Just in case someone comes across this thread and owns that model.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

3. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    I guess I would like to know if this model is a good boat for catfishing and has all the needs for a cat fisherman. And will take the rough water?

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    As far as I know, the V-Cat is the same exact boat as the rivercat classic, except with the 15degree hull. It should have everything you need. Lots of storage, 60 gallon livewell, ect. In my mind no boat manufacturer makes a better riding hull. It should give you a smooth dry ride, even in heavy chop. Hope this helps.:wink:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My brother has a 16 ft ark and 25 4 stroke-bought it last year-nice boat-made to fish....all models are built.....

6. Catfishrob

Catfishrob New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Wanted to buy a SeaArk 1/8" aluminum boat. Couldnt find a dealer near me in Rockport Texas so I opted for a Weld-Craft sold in Portland tx.

18ft long 70 " bottom w/ 100 gauge aluminum etec 90HP and alum trailer.

Its a nice tough boat. Lots of commercial weld-craft users at the coast.

Anyone else have weld-craft boats????????:crazy:

7. prudog

prudog New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have not doubt that v-hull rides better than flat. I have 2072 flat boat and was very disappointed with long ride ability on choppy day. Before I spend all that money for V-, I want to be sure. I am reviving this thread in hopes of an actual v-cat or v-hull owner coming around. Might not be fair, but does it begint to compare to glass boat?

8. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    John,
    I have many friends that have glass boats and the ride is nice however the places I plan to use my boat are less than friendly to that type of hull. I saw your post on the thread about my new boat and I'll try to answer your quesiton after I've ridden in it. I don't know if it will compare ride wise but I read a large number of posts and spoke with several knowledgeeable friends before deciding to buy the V-Cat. I still haven't ridden in one but I do feel confident I've made the right choice. I'll write again after this weekend when I take delivery and put her through the paces.

9. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    John, I purchased a v-cat last month. I absolutely love it. The ride is truly amazing. Honestly, I have a 24' caravelle ski boat and I think the v-cat ride is very comparable. It's just an all-around great fishing boat. I am very satisfied. I have always had a bad habit when I buy a new car, boat, etc., I buy one and see another that I would "like to have someday". However, with this boat there is no other IMO:wink: I also got the Suzuki 150 4 stroke, which I have found to be an awesome motor thus far.

10. prudog

prudog New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I made a grave mistake... I went to dealership and took test drive in a 20 foot SeaArk with 15 degree V-hull. It was the Coastal V-200, almost same wrt specifications and layout as V-Cat (has plastic deck lids). It was equipped with a Suzuki 140. I was very impressed with boat and motor. OMG... that was my first experience with 4-stroke. I will not be able to sleep until I order and receive a V-Cat with 140 Suzuki. The 150 goes from a 4 cylinder to 6 cylinder and adds an extra $1500 and 50 pounds... I just don't see the need for me unless it is a bad motor??????

I will take feedback from anyone on their opinions of various 20 foot SeaArks and various 4-stroke motors including size and brands. I never thought I would consider the Suzuki.. but dang. That boat had been sitting what looked like all summer from crud and the way it was in back. It fired up instantly, which was most impressive. That was its second time in water since last fall. As I understand, that is the big advantage of fuel injection, which I guess all 4-strokes have. My days of smoking 2-strokes is about to end with this Merc 115.

11. prudog

prudog New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I hope that "there is no other" holds up! IMO, many things just gets better every decade. They don't make 'em like they used to... thank God! BTW, did you get hydraulic steering? I found the steering much more difficult with that longer shaft motor. I believe the extra $1000 would be worth it. I was quoted $23,200 for basic V-Cat, 140 Suzuki, and galvanized trailer... all 2009. Does that sound reasonable? That does not include hydraulic steering, no slip floor, TM, or other options I am sure I will find. 6 year warrany is standard these days on Suzuki.

12. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Actually John, the power steering is my next investment. The cables make for a difficult steer, especially on take off!! :crazy: 23K seems reasonable, but I would advise you to shop around a little bit.

13. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with Scott, the ride is fantastic. After spending too much time in flat bottoms, I put my V-Cat in the lake this afternoon and was amazed at how well it handles. The ride is quite smooth despite the wind blowing up a decent chop. Also mine has hydraulic steering and it too is a pleasure, you cna actually leave the wheel and attend to something then come back and find the wheel in the same place you left it. Also the quoted price of $23000 doesn't seem too bad, I paid $26500 for mine but I ordered it with several upgrades and well as a tandem axle aluminum trailer. Let us know if you pull the trigger.:roll_eyes:

14. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm jealous.

Not jealous enough to write that check, but still...

Enjoy your boat!

15. psychobilly

psychobilly New Member

State:
    texas
    Can we see some kicking brag pics man!!! I wanna see one of these! I've heard some good stuff bout them... And you just backed a whole bunch up. Show us some pics man!!

16. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Ill have to agree with scott and robbie also about the ride it takes the waves real well also the boat dont sound like its rattling apart like alot of aluminum boats due. Also i like 60 gallon live it has. ive got a 2008 v-cat the color is ice blue the interior ice marble zolotone with a rod box option. Before i bought this boat i spent a good 6 months looking at different boats and now that i have this boat i know 100 percent i made the right choice. The price you was quoted is about right for the boat.

17. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas

SHOW US SOME PICS SO WE CAN DROOL OVER AND GET OUR KEYBOARDS STICKY!!!!:smile2:ive been looking at the vcats online for a couple years dreaming of myself cruising across the lake in one.hopefully one day, and hopefully sooner than later it will come true.the vcat sticks out to me as the one that fits all the different styles and types of fishing i do.i do alot of winter crappie fishing,and i wanted to ask if any of you guys that own one, how they handle in the wind when trying to stay in place with a trolling motor?i have a deepv tracker now, and the wind catches those deep sides it gets difficult to handle when the wind gets 15-20ish.also,does anyone know a dealer that stocks vcats?id like to see one up close

18. CAPTIN BILL

CAPTIN BILL New Member

State:
    north carolina
    PRUDOG; I HAD MINE BUILT IN 2005 WITH A 115 SALTWATER MERC;I USE HER FOR OFFSHORE FISHING BUT MAINLY IN ONE OF THE 5 LAKES WE HAVE CLOSE TO HOME HERE;AS STATED BEFOR I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POSE HER PHOTO HERE ,BUT YOU CAN SEE HER IN MY ALBUM;SSHE DOE'S A BEAUTIFUL JOB IN THE OCEAN AND AN EVEN BETTER JOB ON THE LAKES,UNLESS ITS RANNING REAL HARD,SHE WILL KEEP YA DRY, I HAD A TOP BUILT AND AM IN THE PROCESS OF HAVEING CLEAR SIDE CURTIAND NADE FOR RANNIE DAYS....BILL K.

19. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a 2072 vpld classic (15 deg same hull as the v-cat). I can run it at 40 mph in two and half foot waves. When they get to three footers I have to drop it back to about 30 mph! I have been stuck going into some very rough water fishing tournaments and by very rough I mean 5-6 footers pushed by 45 mph winds. I have only taken one over the front of the boat. In those kind of waves you can only go about 10 mph. At no point have I been scared the the boat was going to nosedive through a wave. As for the ride in normal conditions it rides great! I will post two pics both are 2072s one with a 15 deg hull and one with 3 deg hull.

20. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    DA, I forgot the pics

Attached Files: