sea ark 2072 15* hull

Discussion in 'Boating' started by camohull, Feb 7, 2008.

1. camohull

camohull New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am looking at the sea ark 2072 with the 15* V hull. Will this hull be any were close to as stable as the 3* hull I seem to be getting diff. answers from diff. dealers it is just so hard to make my mind up I am looking for the perfect boat to last me a long time. Thanks Camohull

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :big_smile: Welcome aboard! they are several that own what you are inquiring on, so give them a couple days and you should get plenty of response..... I know several of the Mo. fellas own them, they should chime in and tell ya more, when they get back from the boat show :wink::smile2:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. Unfortunately i'm not familar with the boat but i'm certain someone here can help you. Make yourself at home, it's a good site.

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    welcome to the boc seaark is a nice boat

5. catman fl

catman fl New Member

State:
    fl
    the 15 degree hull will take rough water ten times better than the 3 degree. they are very stable boats. tha boat with a115 4 stroke will do about 37 mph. if it was me I would opt for the 140 4 stroke. I drove the 2072 with the 115 on it & it was very good on gas. I talk to a friend of mine & he said he gets better milage with the 140. when I had the boat I walk on the side of the boat & it didn't rock or roll. diffenlity go for the 15 degree hull.my next boat.

catman fl

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Trit Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. You will love the Sea Ark boats. There is a lot of information on this forum about the boats. Good luck on your decision.

7. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I have the 15* in an 18 foot Sea Ark and love it. Very good on the South wind white caps the Ol' Miss dishes out and as stable of a jon as I've been in.

8. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I've got a MV1648 (not as spacey as what you're looking at) with a 15 degree hull. I like it.

Jon

9. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    I'm pretty sure that all of the MV series have a 3 degree hull.

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WELCOM TO THE BOC THE V WILL OUT RIDE THE OTHTER 10 TO 1 AND IS PLENTY STABLE

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have a 2072 pro sc with a 115/80 jet. 25-27mph (loaded,empty)
    I fish with 3 guys and with all three leaning over the side, you feel nothing. You aren't gonna turn it over. I took 10 relative out this summer on a very busy lake. When taking non boaters I like to steer into a wave and get my passengers wet. With this boat the ONLY way I could do it was to ride the crest of a cabin cruiser and then dip down in, otherwise it was completely dry. :angry: It's the best fishin boat I have ever been on. This from a car dealer who used to sometimes have 2 different boats.... per season.

The boat is unbelievably stable.

12. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Camohull for this post. I was wondering the same thing but with V-Cat 200 which has the 15 degree hull verses the RiverCat CX200 3 degree hull. If someone has a V-Cat I would love to ask some questions. Thanks again Camohull for the post.

13. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There's NO doubt the 15degree hull will handle rough water and ride better than a 3 degree! If ALL else is equall, weight distribution, etc!:wink:

14. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    definately go with the 15 degree haul, the ride will be so much smoother. I have a 20' Xpress which I belive has a 5 degree and it is one rough riding boat. I love the boat other than that. I also have a 115 4 stroke Yamaha on it, great motor. If I keep it about 30 mph I get around 6 miles/gal, wide open 42mph it drops to 4 mpg. Good luck on a new boat!

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys his question is Stable? Difference between the 3 and 15 degree hull. As in will the 15 degree lean more with people standing on one side then the 3 degree hull?
    Pete

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Flatter the bottom the more stable it is.
    Think of a barge.

A 15 degree is mediocre hull.
    You'll really begin to pay when you get up in the 20's.
    They might be comfortable when riding but when at rest or on anchor they'll beat you to death.

To answer the question. No it wont be as stable.

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Like I said, you aren't going to turn it over. I've had it on the Mighty Mississippi at Alton Dam, with 2 scaredy cats. We were in 60 feet of pretty fast water, and by the time it was said and done, we were just laying around enjoying ourselves. It is very stable.

18. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I have a SeaArk 2072 pro with the 15* and it is plenty stable. I do 90% of my fishing on the Mississippi river just below where the Ohio flows into it. Sometimes it can get really rough in a short amount of time. It has handled it all very well. If something ever happened to this one I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

19. camohull

camohull New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for all your help guys you know sea ark's!! Can someone tell me the diff. in draft between the 13* and the 15*. Thanks Camohull

20. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    If you're comparing those two with the same bottom width and load weight it would be so minimal that it wouldn't be noticed unless measured. Who makes a 13 degree?