sea ark 1872 jtpcc question

Discussion in 'Boating' started by great pappy cat, Jul 11, 2008.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I found a used '05 1872 tunnel sea ark with a '06 115/80 yamaha jet.The owner is holding it for me.No money exchanged he lives 2 plus hours away.I guess he could tell I am a fisherman and he wants the boat to have a good home.One thing about this boat that kinda alarms me.He was honest enough to tell me he had the motor in for service and they noticed 1 of the welds in the tunnel cracked:eek:oooh: (factory defect) so the dealership rewelded it.Is this something I should be concerned with?? It was repaired but could it jepradize the integrety of the hull?

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I dont think so, I have had my grizzly rewelded a couple times around the center consol. Its much stronger and I have not had any rebrakes as of yet.

It should be good, a sea ark is a very good stable boat, Id bet it will work real well for you.

Good luck on the boat!

3. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    2 more questions I got financeing and Im going to look at the boat tomorrow.

1)to check the batterys condition can I just use my volt meter and Im guessin it should read 12v on a full charge?

2)Ive been advised to check the compression of the motor.The owner has a compresion gauge what is the correct compression for an 06 115/80 yamaha 4 stroke jet? how exactly do I go about this procedure?

thanks for the help Ill be sure to post pics if I get her

4. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just useing a volt meter won't give you a good idea how good the batteries are.You will need a battery load tester to place a load on the battery to see if they are any good. A good battery should hold a 10 second 300 amp test without droping down. As far as the engine I would contact a Yamaha dealer for that info. I have a SeaArk and love it! They are great boats built very well. I am sure if the weld was done correctly it won't give you any more problems.