Sea Ark 1660 MVT

Discussion in 'Boating' started by MuddyWisker, Jul 7, 2009.

1. MuddyWisker

MuddyWisker New Member

State:
    SD
    Does anybody have one? Just want to know what you think of it. I have a lowe 1448. It's small and wobbly, wife says get a bigger boat. I said OK. I'd like to see some pics of you guys have you boats rigged. I've looking at side consoles but what throws me off is they are all built like bass boats. I want to sit on a pedistal seat behind the console and simply spin it around to put the line out the back. Comments, pics, advice all appreciated. Thanks

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    sounds like you are looking for a Deep V Hull. I have an '86 Sea Nymph and my buddy has a '92. They make newer models in Lowes, Lunds, and others i believe. Seventeen foot models and up usually have more than 2 seats but you can remove them for the room, and just have two swivels, make lots of room for fishing and open space in the rear. I like this set up, maybe you would too, just something to think about. Good Luck rigging up your new boat...it takes a lot of money blood,sweat, and tears :smile2:

3. MuddyWisker

MuddyWisker New Member

State:
    SD
    Does anyone have any experience with the SeaArk 1660? I'm thinking of a jet but maybe I should stick with props. Have a shallow river nearby that a jet would be optimal but how much difference is there between jet and prop tunnel?

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    By not menas am I an expert of styles of boats. But here's my take on the question. Having a jet tunnel, you'll gain the satisfaction of using the boat in swallow water, but will loose some performance, like speed and steering control. The opposite is true for the prop. Not a very swallow runner, but will have the benefit of speed and steering performance.

Hoping this helps!!

Swallow rivers? I would go with the jet tunnel. Speed and steering isn't all that important.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Sounds like you may well be looking for a Tiller handle boat. That way its wide open. Have the seats mounted where you spin around and fish. My 1825 Pro Guide Tiller Lund is set up that way.
    Shoot my 90 hp Tiller is as easy to run as a 25 or 30 hp motor. As your talking about a console takes up the room you would like to have.
    If I would have went with a console. I think I would have looked hard at the 15 degree sea-arks. If they would build a 18ft like the 24 ft. I think it would sell great. Also it would be set up like your talking about..

Also look at War-Eagle they will build the boat like you ask. As in I bet they can mount the seats where your looking to have them. I have had 2 of there boats and here a great boat.
    Pete

6. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I have no experience with said boat, but think about this. That 1660 is not much bigger than your 1448. Are you really going to be happy with that boat? You're gonna spend all that money to upgrade (thousands of dollars), and still have a boat that is only marginally bigger than what you have. 2 foot longer seems like a lot on paper, but its probably not going to translate into 2 foot of storage/fishing space (ie: the front deck may be longer on the 16 foot model). Also, 12 inches isn't that much wider, and a console is going to take up quite a bit of room. If it were me, and you can afford something bigger, i'd probably go at least into the 17-18 foot range, as this will give you more room if you want a console, and probably wider too.