Scum Frogs for Flatheads?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by alands94, Jul 7, 2007.

1. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Interesting experience this morning. Buddy decided last night that he didn't want to fish the lake today, so I left the boat at home and drove to a tiny local pond. With the thick layer of moss and weeds, I decided to catch some B@$! with a topwater. On my second cast with a Scum Frog there was an eruption through the moss and the fight was on. I was surprised to see that it was a 5# flathead. :smile2: Definitely a first for me!

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nice! See, God's way of telling you you're doomed to be a catfisherman, flatheads on a topwater lure....:wink:

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, tell me about it! When I do have time to fish, I probably chase cats 95% of the time. Maybe next time I'll hook a nice bass on dip bait :roll_eyes:

4. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    local pond covered in moss. yup know where that was.....lol. was gill ropin there the other mornin. nothing like tryin to pull a 5 in gill in with 5 lb of moss....lol.

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, I guess that narrows it down, huh? :wink: Are there any quality cats in there? I was surprised to catch a cat on a scumfrog - REALLY surprised it was a flathead. I had no idea that flatheads were even in there.

6. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thats the first flat i've heard of, but have seen 10lb channel come out of there.