Scrubbing Bubbles - The fisherman's friend

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by sgt_rob, Apr 17, 2006.

1. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    A LONG time ago, possibly on the other site, a thread was running on how to clean a cooler. Someone simple posted "Two words, Scrubbing Bubbles".

Well, I finally bought some and tried it out. WOW! I've had grime on my cooler lid for a year that I could not get out. I've tried laundry soap, dish soap, abrasive cleaners such as Ajax and Ba Keepers Friend and none of it worked.

I rinsed off the coolers with water then sprayed some Scrubbing Bubbles on them, let it sit for a few minutes in the shade and then brushed and rinsed. My shad cooler is clean enough to eat out of and all the grim on my fish cooler lid disappeared!

So I started wondering what else this stuff might be good for...

After a couple of fishing trips on the Red river, I get a build up of scum on my motor that, before now, would only come off with hull cleaner which is an acid. I wet the motor down and sprayed some Scrubbing Bubbles on a brush. I only let the stuff sit on the motor long enough for me to scrub and rinse because of the paint. I don't know how compatable they are with one another but a little is all it took. The stains were gone.

This is good stuff, give it a try.

Best of all, I just saw an coupon for $5.00 on one of those google ads that pop up below the lastest post.

2. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Great tip Rob! Thanks!

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now THAT is great news. I have given up trying to clean that off. I got to try this out. Thanks for the tip.

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the tip, much appreciated!:worship:

5. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the advice! Ive been looking for something to use! Thanks again!!

6. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i call my two rookie fireman i work with my "scrubbing bubbles", they work hard so i dont have too...........lol good tip rob. charlie r

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Thanks for the tip.

8. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Just tried it. Worked better than anything I've ever tried before. Coolers look new now. Even my bait cooler and it was a biohazard.
    Thanks Sarge
    Rat

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for sharing a great tip. We have several coolers I am going to try it on.

10. curtis

curtis New Member

State:
    california
    I have also found that windex and simple green work well too.

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Gonna have to try these tricks on my bait cooler/tackle box. I will rinse many many times before bait goes back into the cooler.

TA2D

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Simple Green is great stuff, but I mostly use it for laundry. That's right my friends, LAUNDRY! A 1/4 cup of Simple Green for a full load of laundry will take all those oil stains out of your clothes. I use it mostly for uniforms that I get weapons lubricant on, but I know the mechanics use it for all their uniforms and overalls.

SudDawg

13. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for all the great tips guys.

14. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    works well on carpet stains in car or boat any fabric