Scroll Saw

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by SSG Johnson, Jan 28, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    How many of you have a scroll saw or would like to get a scroll saw.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have a Dewalt 788. Been cutting with one for over 3 years. I make a lot of folding basket and other stuff with mine..
    Pete

3. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Shilo can we asked that you put up some pics of the stuff that you have done I for one would love to see some pics of your work.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Here is what I have. Lost most of the pictures I had when I crashed my Pc. Will try to get a few and post them.
    Its easy to do and fun.
    Also have you tryed Flying Dutchman blades? His baldes are great.

Pete
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/woodworking/pics016.jpg

5. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I have a 12 year old ShopMate thats working just fine. It's the stand-alone model. No problems what-so-ever. One evening I cut out 4 doz. frig magnets. Two days later,after the paint dried, my wife took them to work and sold All of them by 10:00 AM. It's a cool tool.

6. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    hey guys .......i love to do scroll work ......when i had my backhoe biz ..in the winter months when work was scarce, the wood shop paid the bills and kept use going between jobs .....anyone ever make those 3D animal cut outs ? those are awsome and sell like crazy...esspecially the reindeer,wasnt nothing to sell 200 at a time around Christmas time at 2 bucks a pop....i'll dig around and see if i can find some pics and patterns to post ,,ive got tons of patterns id be more than happy to share :).....for he most part i use my 2 speed dremel scroll saw ......i wanted me a variable speed but the old dremel has been pretty good for all around stuff....i set it up with a quick disconnect for the pinless blades and it will also take the pinned blades ....there is a pinned blade that i can only find so far at sears that does the best job for me on the #d stuff since they are pretty thick cuts and have to cut both edge ways with the grain and cross ways and make a virtually sanding free cut and very thin saw kerf......i like to make larger stuff too ....like library chairs that fold over and double as a step ladder ,round top trunks and stuff ,,,,,and tons of Christmas ornaments

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I have a dremel brand variable speed i use for my model planes.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Here is a few more of the ones I have saved .
    PEte
    http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WAD*AkAbwM6b9BzNyjKo11UrqmXpCvJt2RQFAe75owtDBE0AOljoJ*Osjk0Lz3*pNiEE8QlE5*6ccd4leX2!qhCMgccqq8dyJtk5JYefQl!ddxXLlDbAYJvcEFX0bgwxYQAAAP****8/flolding%20basket%20002.jpg?dc=4675499124409500086

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WADtAiQbR8T9Lh78CkuIyQc8Ysm141U8ol7R*0pM5y0!24pWtQpQoqr5vv43LSOHLVEAcHDGD1*gWPrfq2NwGhtGkW6dihswogKPKXlyAzArHqGHG8V8RyLjT!AD9ySfTwAAAP****8/Stacked%20baskets%20003.jpg?dc=4675501631799276594

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAHA30acY1mrxdGtSypcDa8!p1RCERulLCU*1bdbQxLXI*CgYqCuoIpaarcmdKeI3ccisycRFlTK66UgnR50wE2SAm0h5UgZ0L9MR130Vd*VqZtlc!eEt*iKzIm8G3r/picture%20frame%20001.jpg?dc=4675498269671399039

9. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Here is a red bird I did last year.

10. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    If mod will delet my previous post I will post picture this time.
    This is a red bird I did on scroll saw.