Screenshot, Lowrance SI...

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by drifter106, Feb 19, 2009.

1. drifter106

drifter106 Member

State:
    kansas
    Just a comment of my own...do you find it ironic that HB comes out with a software update for their 2d long about the time that Lowrance offers SI. Given the fact IF Lowrance SI has the same or nearly the same quality and functionality that the HB SI offers, it only stands to reason that they would make an attempt to clean up their 2d image. Could be a coincidence :roll_eyes:.

Gotta love competition...good for the consumer!

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    HB's update has been in the works for a long time.

It seems to me that Lowrance is the one trying to play 'catch-up' now.

Not sure how they'll do it since HB has the patent for quite some time.

Somethings cooking though. It will be interesting to see what comes about.

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I think the timing has to do more with the bassmaster classic for both companies than their competing technology. I think they try to get stuff out on the biggest fishing stage there is and that would be the classic. Like the aftermarket auto industry does with the SEMA show.

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Competition is healthy. The winners are usually, in this case the consumer because it forces the manufacturers to improve on their products. Nothing wrong with putting the very best product out there for the kind of money that goes with it.

5. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    just goes to show you, competition is good for all, like ford and chevy, both are good it preference, some people like dodge and jeep

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Ive heard rumor of a lowrance SI and how good it is, now it's released...but still cant find a example of it. where is it?

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Problems? :confused2:

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    It isn't released yet. They just officially acknowledged that it does exists and they will let us know when it will be ready.