Screen Saver recommendations

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishfinderff, Nov 17, 2008.

1. fishfinderff

fishfinderff New Member

State:
    pa
    Can someone recommend a good screen saver?

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry Don, I can't help you for I never use them.

But I can do this... Welcome to BOC Don!

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Hi DOn,
    Welcome to the BOC!

You can add any pictures of your own into the Windows built in screen saver if you want.

Another good program to use is Web Shots (www.webshots.com
    They have both a freebie and a premium version.
    You can also add pics of your own into the webshots program as well.

Hope this helps.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Don, you can Google 'screen savers' and get a bunch of free ones. Barb has offered you a good one also.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    My avatar is the best screen saver around. :roll_eyes:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My family each has thier own screen saver ,on our dell. We have our favorite pics as a slide show .

7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    first screen savers are always running in the back ground which uses your resources, wall paper is a static pic, I don't use screen savers i just let my laptop go to sleep.

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don,

I thank you got a lot info so all I'm going to say is welcome to the BOC/SOC from So Alabama

9. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Webshots has some beautiful photography but my tech guy says it does take up a lot of computer memory, unless they have overhauled it. You can add your OWN photos to that though.

I use the bubbles screensaver on vista that came with it.

I'll ask around and if I find one that I think is decent I'll post it here. Watch downloading that free stuff too...alot of times you not only get that but adware/tracking cookies/etc that comes along with it

Oh and welcome to the BOC!

10. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Welcome to the BOC!:big_smile:

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    I would NEVER EVER download any screen saver off of the net, got more spyware and other crud attached to it then you'll ever know about or find, go to best buy and buy one or use your own pics much better anyways

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    If you watch giveaway of the day...

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

I have seen a ton of screensavers and other neat stuff on there. I take a look at it everyday, and it's free and no worries. No adware/trackingcookies/etc since they are paid programs given away for ONLY 24 hours on that site. you can also subscribe to a notification by mail of what's being given away everyday.

and it's safe!

13. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Thanks for posting that Cuz! I'm gonna bookmark that!:smile2:

14. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yeah it's a good site, perfectly legal, you are not ripping anyone off--it's the dealer promoting their product, and like I said it's the actual program, not a "freebie" I have gotten alot of programs from there there were very good. You can go there and scroll down and kinda see what's been given away lately, but there is just all kinds of different stuff, from screensavers ( they just had a halloween one up right before the holiday) to screen capture to watermark programs, you name it...

There is also a game giveaway of the day as well. I think you might can find the link on that page. I've never had a problem with anything I got from them.

I put in for the mail everyday that tells me what is being given away, since I check mail several times a day.

15. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    its hard to beat a stuffy ole man in his sunday go to meeting suit lol lmao hahhah

16. v2f33

v2f33 New Member

State:
    PA
    I have been using screenpatronus.com. There is cheaper, plastic film to buy for your electronics, but they don’t compare to those that screenpatronus.com sells.

17. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Give away of the Day has had several without adware, malware, etc go through in the past couple of weeks that were full programs for free, so be sure to watch that site if you are interested in that kinda stuff. They have lots of other things too as I mentioned before.