Scrap copper?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wolfman, Mar 8, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Can anyone tell me what scrap copper is going for now days? I have about 120 pounds that I got from work and looking to cash in soon. Thanks in advance.

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Here in texas its around 2 bucks a lb.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I know its high enough here for idiots to try and steal it from anywhere they can.Our cable was out the other night because some idiots cut a main line looking for copper.Last I heard it was $2 something a lb.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i heard today around 3.50 a lb. dont know for sure but that came from a heating and air man. folks stealing the wiring out of new homes here to cash it in. look in th yellow pages and call the scrape yard. i always call before i load mine up.

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah it was up over 3$ per # and the local thieves are hard at work
    snipping exposed circuits out of basements like no tommorow.
    they even have really started getting serious and are breaking in to lift stations around town getting bigger wire strands and costing the city
    or utilities big bucks , which will turn into us paying in the end.
    a thief can make about 40 dollars in a couple hours of cutting it stripping and takeing it in and cost a homeowner 400 or more getting it replaced.
    they should open season on these bass turds.
    weve allready rewired a dozen houses this year because of this and thats just the ones we have actually been in . there are a couple dozen properties that are supposedly boarded up, who knows what shape they are in.
    i hear local scrap places are going to start takeing down information like pawn brokers do.

a few years back fools were takeing manhole covers and hideing them in vehicles to get the extra weight for scrap metal.
    dont care if the next fella loses his frontend when he happens to unsuspectingly drives over the open hole.

6. talk2sampson

talk2sampson New Member

State:
    smithville mo
    I sold some last week and got $1.50 a lb. with the insulation still on it. I think its about 2.00 clean.

7. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Must be pretty high, the thieves are ripping it out of peoples basements

8. riverratmatt

riverratmatt New Member

State:
    ky, totz
    its about $5 a pound here people are stealing ground wires and mining cables so the locale places get really suspicious if you bring in to much

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC

Just wait until someone gets into something in a lift station that is sourced from 2 different locations. Can you say BOOM?
    480 hurts like hell and burns.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    They even stoled the copper gas line from under the house of mine down by the river.
    Man they can steal to work. But will now work ..
    Here I think its $2.87 lb. Wish they would stop buying from the same ones each week. That bring in clean gas pipe..
    Pete