Scouting New Waters

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by KAYAK CAT KILLER, Jul 29, 2009.

1. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last night I decided to make a trip down the road to the finley river . Just a quick jaunt to catch some bait for my tank.. Some highschool kids showed up to hang out and I struck up conversation about fishing. I havent explored the river for any cats so I ask if he had seen any nice ones. He said a couple of weeks ago someone caught a nice channel out of the log jam just up the river.. So..........I went to the car and put away my net , grabbed two jugs and a limb line and headed that direction.....After walking the field across the river I got tp tha jam and found it a little tricky to put the lines out. Water was lower than i expected and the current was slow. I baited up with some fat slick minnows and droped my lines in the water. I decided I should smash up three more slicks and throw them in the water for a nice scent trail and a little chum. Went home and had some dinner. This morning before work about six I drove down to check the lines.. Doubtfull of fish but mutch to my suprise I had three tight lines. The limb had a 5lb channel , the jugs had one 2lb and a small babe flathead. YEEEHAW!!!! New Fishing Hole..

Attached Files:

2. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    not bad, i think id be fishing up there on days when there is no where else to go for sure.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Never fished the Finley for cats just smallmouths. Nice clear river though.

4. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went back yesterday with a buddy to fish for a couple hours. Ended up catching some nice white bass. Ill be going back. I have seen some nice smallies and some goggleye.Looks like ill start fishing there a little more.. Anyone ever been to Riverdale on the finley just up from the 160 bridge?