Scouting New Spots!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CatFuStyle, Dec 30, 2008.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    Yes the weather isnt always that great this time of year but i thought i would mention that this is the best time of year to scout for new spots, especially if your a bank fisherman like i am, the leaves and brush are down, places are more accessible and visible, you can easily find spots that show potential and could be great honey holes, dress warm and get out and do some scouting, remember also when looking at GIS/Satelite/Aerial Photography, majority of these are taken in late fall(after leaves fall) throughout winter so if your using any one of those methods it would also be good to go out now till end of winter cause the information will match the areas of intrest, good luck hunting for that next honey hole and keep it tight lined.

brandon

2. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a good idea, just remember your boots:cool2:

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    this also saves alot of foot work, i use it to find hard bends along the river and closer parking, the "bird eys view" is very handy http://maps.live.com/ :wink:

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thats what i need to do.if i can get off my butt long enough,sure do need the exercise.

5. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The two best ways to work off that spare tire you can inherit this time of year, bird hunting, and river walking, and I think it's about time for the river walking, cause the hunt should be almost over.

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Seeing as I've been spending most of my time in the boat, scouting isn't all that good of exercise for me. Unless you count trying to learn how to use the fish finder better as an exercise. Still I do look for new holes very time out.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    river walking is right holidays being over time to hunt on new place on both the great miami and mad rivers as well rick

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Willie, you are the guy that should be scoutin the most.
    Stop countin on those five or six spots you hit every time out. Look around and find a spot or two that you have overlooked. If you have those 5 or 6 spots to fall back on every trip, spend half the day looking for new spots. If you don't catch fish every time you go out. Stop and say : Why aren't they here?
    Where are they? That's up to each of us to find out.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am trying a new spot i haven't ever tried from the boat tomorrow. Won't be much exercise but keeping warm hopefully will burn some calories....oh...and reeling in those hogs...lol gotta be positive...:wink: