SCOTUS Affirms Heller, What Say You?

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Guns & Cockpits, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    The Supreme Court of the United States affirmed today what lower courts had already ruled: the Washington DC handgun ban is and was unconstitutional.

How do y'all feel about this decision? Agree or disagree? How do you feel about the fact that it was only a 5-4 split?

Personally, the fact that it was a 5-4 split was a bit of a shocker to me for the highest court in the land. It seems pretty much common sense that they uphold the rights that the 2nd Amendment has been granting us for over 200 years now.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I think its scary the margin was so slim, and that it had to be ruled on to begin with.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    the margin doesn't matter . it's a supreme court ruling and sets a presedent. i couldn't be happier. to tell you the truth this is the best news i have heard in a long time. i am a member of a very active concealed carry site. this ruleing is going to be a landmark desicion to strip away unconstitutional state laws. watchout now for anti gunners to go after ammunition. a lot of folks i know feel that nancy and her bunch will try to attatch very high taxes and quantity limits if they get a POTUS that will sign the bill. if you don't have ammo go get some . this desicion is the best thing that has happened for an individual gun owner .

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    To debate it at such a close margin does raise alarm. I would rather see a nation wide mandatory DNA and fingerprint bank than restrict firearms.

5. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    wellllll dogggggie uncle Jed, our leaders are not all smoking crack and can vote their consious and not political motivation which the for/against number suggests. Our forefathers would be shaking their heads as this. It should be a no brainer decision. That was close yall however almost losing is winning.

I am from texas and i think that every law obiding citizen should have all the guns they can afford or want and and have as many guns on their person, glovebox, back window of their truck (remember those days hehe) that they feel like carrying as long as they do it safe, they know the weapon, and not cause others with common sense to be uncomfortable.

In my day we were incouraged to have our camo and shotgun in the truck so we would be ready to go as soon as the bell rings at school on opening day of dove season. I think they were at least trying to get us to show up. Now I see the exact same situation at the same school and the kid will get suspended, criminally charged and their shotgun seized while everyone envolved knows what the kid was doing and knows what his intentions were. I know those days are bygones.

Its too bad our country had to adopt laws to govern us because we wont lock up the yahoos or tell them to shut up and go home due to political correctness. From as I see some of the greatest moments in my life were around someone with a gun.

I hope those folks in DC have a big fat gunshow on the court house square and send an invite to Obama, Hillary and me.

As for those of you that disagreed with the supreme court decision

"Chicken One Day, Feathers the Next"

6. mrowe84

mrowe84 New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Very good point. This has been my fear as well. Either they'll ban the making of ammo or tax it so heavy that it will be too expensive to buy. I may be wrong, but that's not keeping me from doing a little stockpiling.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ammo prices have already spike this year, some 20-30% spike. Glad Im in to reloading but even that stuff is starting to go up. Definetely time to stockpile.

8. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good thing the ruling went down now. Wait until the left gets in the white house and appoints a couple more leftists.

9. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    If y'all think ammo prices are bad now, wait and see what happens if we get a Democrat in office next. It will be an absolute nightmare, that I can guarantee you.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    it's a relief, because now they will be looking at chicago, san francisco and other cities with unconstitutional gun laws. i'm waiting for crime to drop now in D.C. now that the citizens there can defend themselves! i mwass worried when i saw how close the ruling was too. that's too dang close...