Scottys rod holders.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by slimcat, Nov 27, 2005.

1. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I just recently bought several Scottys powerlock rod holders for my boat. These are perhaps the most solid abs rodholders I have ever seen. They are thick and very strong. Has anybody else used these before.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Never heard of them Demetrius. I'm gonna get to the web site if they got one and check em out. I'm lookin for 2 more holders for my boat. I'm a big fan of driftmaster so they better be impresive. LOL!

3. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    George, I was a driftmaster diehard but when using a rod like the tigerrod or roddy gator tail, the butt section is to big to go into a driftmaster. The rod is to hard to get out and I got tired of losing fish because it was a hassle getting the rod out of the holder . THese Scottys are superior to the attwoods for sure, they seem to be the thickest abs rod holder available. The driftmasters are way overrated.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now I know what ya are talkin about. LOL! Excellant point about the Tiger rod butt. I've experienced that myself and invented some new words. LOL!

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I don't know if you guys are aware of this but there are 2 sizes of Driftmaster rod holders. The Lil Pro and the Pro. Lil Pro's are constructed with 3/8" material and the Pro is made with 1/2". I have the Pro's on my boat and I use Ugly Stik Tiger rods. the Pro's are made bigger to accept larger dia. butts. Never had any problems getting a rod out unless there is a 30+ lber on the other end! :D

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i use the scottys myself and my down riggers are scotty i like thier products. ive used the driftmasters in the past like them too. but i have found the scottys work a bit better with my trolling rigs.

7. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I am a driftmaster diehard. I use the bigger size as well. I like the way I can angle them to where I cast the rod depending on the structure and the situation at hand. Plus, if I hook a big one and I gotta bring in the anchor line by myself, I can put my rod in the rod holder and I do not have to worry about the rod going for a swim. Those are some sturdy rod holders. I need to get some more bases to mount in more spots on the boat and I need to replace the rod holders themselves. Did you know the Driftmaster rod holders do NOT float ? Keep that in mind while you are unscrewing them from the base. Been there, done that. :D

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have 8 scotty rod holders on my boat and love them. They are very strong. I have the extensions on most of mine and it makes getting your hand on the rod much faster for me.