Scotty's Boat keys

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ozman, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Don and I hid scotts boat keys. That way he will have to work on the encloseur for the boat when he comes down.

2. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    If there ia one way to make that big bear mad it would be to hide his boat keys and keep him from fishing!!! Haha I will have to go down next time he is going to that away i can call him everytime i get a fish so i can let him know what he is missing out on!!! Man I hope they are biteing good!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::smile2:

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well well well you and dad got my boat hostage hu ???????:crazy::eek:oooh:

hee hee I got the extra key at my house in the safe so :tounge_out: NA NA NA NA NA :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: LMAO

no I must get it going and finished be nice right now wouldnt it :smile2::smile2::smile2:

im gonna have morris come out next week with his snow blower and clean up the drive way and get my truck unstuck ,, and when the boy goes back to school I will be down to work on it !!!!!!

looking at the weather its gonna be cold anyway so may as well get it done maybe tom can come up and chris and between all of us knock it out in 1 day .

then its fishing we shall go !!! I have a gentleman from columbia to take as soon as I get everything ready and the weather breaks ...

GO AWAY SNOW AND ICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    How are these things framed up. Alum angle, wood or what?Is it skinned with plastic, alum. sheeting or whut? Just curious as to how much weight it adds.

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    JOHN im going to use my bimmi top as the frame and put clear vinyl around the bimmi top frame to make the enclosure .

next week when im down making mine i will take lots of pics and post them .

as far as wieght the whole thing on my boat will probably wiegh around 200 lbs my bimmi top frame is stainless steel and the clear 40 gauge vinyl is heavier then one would think but tuff !!!

I will do a start to finish step by step with pictures as I do mine ..

I allready found a shop that will do all the sewing a regular sewing machine wont do the trick they told me due to the thickness of the vinyl and thread that needs to be used .

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  6. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    This is Wandas Top. It is about 185 pounds. If it wasnt so bulky two people could load it easy. Its a 1 inch sq. tubing frame . The front is 1/4 inch plywood with plex glass windows. Last week in some of that cold weather it was 75* with the big buddy heater. When the sun is out it realy warms up in there. View attachment 79584

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like the idea of being able to take it off during warmer months. 75* in the winter time is priceless too. I heard Kirk saying last year at the gathering he wasn't as thrilled with the cabin on his boat as he thought he would be.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    John I wonder if that is because he cant take it off. He told me he liked it for winter. Herb better put a lock on that boat of Scotts. If he gets down there and the weather is half way nice. He will do everything he can do to get on the water. Just like a kid would do to get out of going to school:smile2::smile2::smile2:. Let me know when you plan on doing it Scott and I will see if I have any days off then.

Tom

9. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    He had a strong side wind while trying to get it on the trailer down in Ky :eek:oooh:... He was ready to sell it after all that... a Missouri River fisherman here in my neck of the woods made and uses a removable top... it works for him :wink:

10. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Pictures, Pictures
    Scotty can we see some pictures when you are finished please.

11. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    scotty i have a big snow blower with a 10hp motor let me know ill load that puppy up and be there just let me know my cell is 8162609945:wink:

12. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: thanks medford thats really nice of ya

I got lucky this afternoon and got a nieghbor that had a small 4x4 tractor and he pulled out my truck and cleaned the driveway best he could !!!

what a relief !!!!

if it wasnt for that your phone would of been ringing buddy !!!!:wink::big_smile:

happy new to you and your family and drink a few for me to !!!!