Scotty rod holders on a Tracker

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by rocket256, Aug 31, 2006.

1. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Hey BOC I have a Tracker Pro Team 190. I want to put some good holders on it. I have searched but found no info of anyone using Scotty's. But I seen and heard of a few that have used Berkly quick set, Cabelas quick draws. I also know that I dont want to drill up my new boat trying to make a homemade setup. Which do you think would be best that could take a beating? So Im not swimming after my rod and reel.
    1. Berkley Quick set
    2. Cabelas Quick draw
    3. Scotty Roadmater II

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Use The Cabelas Quick Draw System On My Boat, I Troll With Them Also & With A Flatbottom Boat They Take A Good Beating When The Water Gets Rough. They Have Held Up Very Well.

I Bought Several More Of The Receptacles In Addition To The "Tri-Mount" And Placed Them All Around The Boat. I Can Then Put The Poles By Themselves Or 3 @ A Time In Any Location, Which Is How I Prefer To Use Them.

I Feel You'll Be Happy With Them As I'm Pretty "Fussy" About Everything Working Perfectly & I Have No Complaints.:wink:

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the scottys, they cost you but might be the best. I have about 30 dollars each in mine and have 6 of them. The extensions are 10 dollars each and even now I want mine up higher. They are great quality

4. rocket256

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Thanks FishMan and trnsmsn for the replys.

trnsmsn, With that Scotty's how do you set the hook if your just sitting?

5. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have the attwoods. wally world for 12 bucks. basically the same thing as scottys.ive used mine all summer and havnt had any problems with mine.as far has hook set it has a locking collar you just flip it to the side and the rod pulls back and out not forward and out so there is no slack when you set the hook

6. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Cabelas 360s are what i use on my boat. The quickdraws won't accept bigger rods so the 360s worked best for me. There is a pic of the holders on the back of my boat in the photo gallery.

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have Scottys on both my boats and they take a beating but I've never broken one yet. They're a little more money then the other ones made like them but they're a lot heavier made. I have the flush mount bases in the gunwales on my Invader boat and the bolt on type mounted on the wooden rail on my Carver cruiser. I really like'em.

8. rocket256

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    That is anohter problem I didnt want to incounter if I got some holders. You actully find some you like but the rods dont fit in them.

9. kingkat

kingkat New Member

State:
    nc
    I also use the attwoods from walley world.I've used them for years never had any trouble with them.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I just got done mounting four Driftmaster rod holders on my boat. Look at my profile picture of my boat and you will see the holders.

11. rocket256

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    copycat, those look good on there.