Scott Boat Motors

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Dsage, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have found a great deal on a 12hp Scott. I dont know the year but the person said that is has been restored and runs great It looks new. I have never heard of Scott. Can anyone give me some info on them. How hard would it be to find parts if I was to need them later?

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri

3. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    If I'm not mistaken, Scott-Attwater was purchased by Chrysler many, many years ago, after chrysler, it became Force. That's the end of what I think I know.

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I went to the site and I can not find a 12hp unit. Here is what the motor looks like if it helps.

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Here is the picture

Attached Files:

6. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    The model identification page shows.
    It is toward the bottom of the page.

(1960) All outboard model identifications all started with a letter, a number. and then two more letters. Available outboards were: 3.6, 5, 7 1/2, 10,12 ,25, 40 and 60 Hp outboards. 1960 motors continued the Bail-A-Matic on all the outboards except for the 3.6 Hp.
    (A3BB) 3.6 Hp
    (A3EB) 7 1/2 Hp
    (A3FB) 12 Hp

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HATE TO SAY THIS BUT IF YOU BUY IT BUY A SET OF TOOLS ALSO ,THEY HAVENT MADE SCOTT ATWATER FOR YEARS !!!!!!!:crazy:

8. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    You might want to check out this web site that pertains to old vintage outboard motors.

http://www.vintageoutboard.com/home.html

Better still, send an email to their office asking if parts are available for the Scott from them, or if not where parts might be available...if they are available?

Good luck,

Bill

Email address:
    dbrooke1@vintageoutboard.com

9. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    She's purdy..it depends on what you want it for, to have and show off...go get it, to put out in the river and run downstream to fish.. run the other way....I have been stranded my share of times in much newer models.. I dont think I could enjoy fishing worrying about if i were going to make it back before dark or not..:wink: